Painted my own background... aaah, files may be big??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Now I am by NO means a painter. When I comes to painting I have NO idea what I am doing. I decided to paint my own background for my 20g and I think it turned out ok. The paint I used is VERY shiny so its hard to get a picture of the painting without a huge flash reflection but here it is anyway, and unless I use the flash to take a picture of it on the tank, you can hardly see it.

painting1.jpg

p2.jpg

tnkp2.jpg

tnkp.jpg

Aww, thanks! I think it looks like a little kid painted it :D
Does anyone know of any kind of craft paint that is less shiny?
I used acrylics.

I'm not interested in the materials, I'm interested in the styles and skills you displayed. I noticed your brushstrokes are similar to that of Rembrant. And you say you're not a painter. :D

LoL! Thanks you guys. Jc, how much is a rembrant going for these days? Wanna buy a painting? :D :D :D Seriously though, thanks for the complement.

that looks really nice. fits in pretty darn well with the actual plants and stuff you have in the tank.

that looks awesome...what an accomplishment! I can draw a stick figure, I don't think the fish would appreciate looking at my stick figure all day ;)

Meredith, I will add to the other compliments - your painting is amazing! I can (or could, lol) draw pretty well, but I never accomplished the blending of paints for color/shadow/highlight areas all that well. I think you would enjoy some art classes if you haven't taken any already.

Yup! Great color and creativity. I myself have as much creativity as a door knob. Nice pix for the fishy friends to admire. :)

Back
Top Bottom