Pepper the dragon slayer.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
:p

dscf5223.jpg

dscf5225.jpg

He looks beautiful. What keeps him from flying away. I hope that`s not a dumb question.

Thanks for the compliments on the yard. I work my butt off on it as we have such a short summer. Pepper isn't clipped, I rescued him. When we got him he had plucked all his flight feathers out and has grown all but 3 back in the 2 years we've had him. He came to us near death, they gave him 1-3 months to live. He was 26 then. He is 28 now and thriving. Once the other flight feathers grow in, we will clip him as precaution. He has never flown. He was wild caught at an early age, too young to fly. We don't know if his chest muscles will ever be strong enough to fly, but taking no chances. He is a riot, has a large vocabulary and loves to argue.

gotcha! I have hand fed some young B&G, Greenwings and Scarlets before, they are soo adorable. As well as taught a blue front zon to stand on a perch :) taken care of baby toos before as well. Love them all. I bet he argues as well, they NEVER grow out of that phase. I would have more (birds) if I diddnt live at home with my parents. If nothing else I must have a B&G, rose breasted too and a caique, then after that is a congo and the list goes on lol
love him!

Back
Top Bottom