pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

just messing around with my camera.

shroomclam.jpg

Messing around with mine also but cant get it right with the flash. Pics are too dark but if I use the flash it`s too bright. Decided to let someone else resize it. Sorry about the darkness I`ll keep working on it. I wonder if rev`s up to giving lessons

img_632993_0_a291b257af0c13bf60f7a452b590726c.jpg

img_632993_1_6da0c87b2925ba44a79653fda7aed187.jpg

img_632993_2_361baf1491b4e520d1e19e8126298fe6.jpg

img_632993_3_43d99c2175b4aa90be6e64ad58c2c8f9.jpg

img_632993_4_450af8c92bec6cffc9b707538e54d889.jpg

img_632993_5_cb18ecf737f65b47f0cfb0ea282027b0.jpg

img_632993_6_f9c304acd4f92efda9d3083ba39e5fba.jpg

img_632993_7_c551f1c30d775d42e65b389b741dddc5.jpg

img_632993_8_5b810d82f682c78b0e4cb83935c8badf.jpg

img_632993_9_e31b5efd7c1a82fe7152cf3b5d036f54.jpg

dude, 1000 times better pics. I can now see that your have a nice tank.

just use the IMG button on each sire of your pics and your set.

Looks almost like you know what your doing.

I agree pics are much better melosu. I recently bought a Canon powershot pro1. I threw it on the desk and have not messed with it any. Time to play around a little. Pics coming soon.

I think they look better also. Want to thank Mr funktastic,Nccmike and Brenden. Thanks for the tips. Hope I did not leave anybody out.

don't start thanking the academy just yet. Need to brighten those up a bit but much better.

is your lighting normally the color in the pictures?

Pictures should look exactly the same as your tank in your house.

center.jpg

I think you and Brian have MH where I have VHO. Like Brian said actinic light might have something to do with it. I`m getting ready to buy a 2nd set of VHO lights.

I noticed if I take a pic on the auto mode the brightness is OK but pic is blurry. If I take a pic on sports mode crystal clear but on the dark side. How can I brighten up the sports mode.

the sports mode is taking a faster pic and there for cutting out some light. auto mode is alwasy the best way to go. if u are getting blur then try resting the camera on a desk or chair or something. auto with no flash always seems to work for me. it may be a little harder if u have alot of water movement. do you have manual settings? on my camera they are marked with letters ona little dial where i can shoose my different settings (i.e sports, panoramic, portrait, video...) if u do have manual look for shutter speeds, they will be marked 1/4 116 1/125... 1500...1/2000 etc(sorry if u already know this) just set up the camera somehwere solid(to reduce movement of course lol) and then just keep taking pics using each of the shutter speeds untill u get one that looks like the natural colour of your tank. its a digital camera so dont be afraid to take alot of pictures. i will sometimes take like 200 pics at once and only keep a handful of them. but i must say that your pictures are million times better since the last ones!! i am glad photobucket worked for u. makes things alot easier lol. as for the links... to one is a link u post if u want people to click on it to see it and the bottom one makes the pic appear(as u probably already know lol) if u wnat to really get into it u can start posting links that are just a word to get to hat u want. for example if i wanted to put a pic of one of my friends i can post the link saying only her name like this... MARY ... and that link will take u to her name. <--------- that is the code for it. but after that code u have to type in[url] but with a backslash infront or url like this-----> /url. i had to type it like that becasue it would have become a link if i did it normally lol) if u go to the top where it has all the little buttons that say "quote" "code" "list" put your mouse over the one that says "url". dont click it just go to it and it shows a little bar above the message box that will have that code in it. if u copy and paste the link(like i do lol casue i neevr remember what it is) u can just sub in your own info. erase httpp://url and psdte in the url from the page u want. then erase URL text and type in the word or words u want peopl to see when going to the link. lol i hope that makes a little sense and i didnt just go on a pointless rant lol. sorry for hijacking your thread nccmike lol. that first pic is amazing what kind of coral is the orange one?

thats what the post was for, to start up discussion. Good advice.

Coral is a hairy mushroom. Coolest one I've seen.

Here are a few tips for yall.

1. Tripod of your not already using one.
2. Compose your pictures using the rule of thirds. Be sure to not have distracting backgrounds or areas around the tank unless its used for framing.

Someone said the pictures should come out in true to life color but thats not true at all. The sensor in your camera can sense colors that we can not and then bring them out just like film. Especially if you are shooting around night time or with the lights off and the aquarium light on you can get some sweet colors that you will not normally see.

here is the best shot I have ever taken. Taken with a Kodak z740 on who knows what settings??? I just point and shoot!

Attachments

• brain_119.jpg
    brain_119.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom