PIC: "It's like Totally Tubular, Dude"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

targaboy78

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I took this picture of my 35G Swim-Thru last night.

With an entire 35G to swim about in, I catch 5 of my 9 Tiger Barbs in one of the tubes connecting the tanks. Notice that other than the one that darted out as I took the photo, the others aren't blurred? That's because they are just floating there.

That is the fish equivalent of having a 3500 square foot house and just hanging out in a closet.

Maybe the magnification of the tube makes the "outside world" look really trippy dude?

LOl - I know there's a good joke in there somewhere about "coming out of the closet" - I just couldn't find it. ;-)

That's too funny! Cool setup.

Totally Tubular...

BTW for those who did not know Finding NEMO is comming out on DVD this week. I just love the surfer seaturtle.

Whoa, what is that for exactly? I looked in your gallery and I've never seen a setup like that. I'm confused :p

very cool what a photo op talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Hi Sati,
Whoa, what is that for exactly? I looked in your gallery and I've never seen a setup like that. I'm confused
Are you asking about the "Swim-Thru" design?

It's just a funky design that TruVu makes. It is basically two 17 gallon tanks up on end connected by two 6 inch long, 4 inch diameter tubes. The fish can swim back and forth between the two tanks.

I just like the look. It makes for a unique conversation piece in my living room.

Thats pretty cool the LFS here in my area had an acrylic tank very similar to that but it had 2 tubes. Personally i never like the look of theirs but yours looks great

Back
Top Bottom