Pics of my Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's gorgeous Jose! Seriously, I love it. I can't get over those Denison Barbs...I am absolutely obsessed with them. Might have to convince the wife we need a new tank so I can get some...easier said than done though :D

It's gorgeous Jose! Seriously, I love it. I can't get over those Denison Barbs...I am absolutely obsessed with them. Might have to convince the wife we need a new tank so I can get some...easier said than done though :D

Thanks eco! I've said it many times ... I think Denison Barbs are absolutely GORGEOUS fish ... they're my second favorite ... for some reason, my Green Barbs are still my number ones!

Here's a more recent close up of my three Barbs ... sorry if it's a bit blurry ... I took it with my Iphone and they DON'T stay still ...:D

Attachments

• IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 103
I have to have those fish!!!!!!!! :D

They're peaceful, right? If I managed to talk the wife into upgrading from a 46 to a 72 bow (not holding my breath)...would they work with fish like Danios, Tetras, Rams, Otos, etc...?

I have to have those fish!!!!!!!! :D

They're peaceful, right? If I managed to talk the wife into upgrading from a 46 to a 72 bow (not holding my breath)...would they work with fish like Danios, Tetras, Rams, Otos, etc...?

They are very peaceful Barbs ... they don't bother anyone. I've read other threads on other sites and have YET to see someone negatively comment on them. Since Denisons are shoaling fish, you'd probably want to start with 3?
I started with one ... but since It was in a tank with other Barbs it never acted out badly(fin-nipping, bullying etc), and was never bothered by the others. The larger the shoal the more natural their behavior ... but LOL ... my three seem to act pretty natural ... they love chasing and picking (playfully) on each other from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom