Pics of my Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's some recent pics. The yellow blur by my son's RTS is a Gold Barb that wizzed by at the last second .. same with my largest Denison as I was snapping one of my Rosy Barb. Trying to get pics of my checkered or cherry's is next to impossible ... they never sit still:banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 269
Wow nice color

Your red tail looks really nice and healthy:) so do all the other fish

Everything looks good! I would end up taking 40 pictures in order to get one good one, so I know what you mean!

:thanks: all for your input. I just did some rearranging ... so ... more pics to follow soon.(y)

I'm loving the barbs. I have tigers in my tank and I know they get a bad rep but they are too much fun to watch :D

Here's more recent pics I took just a few days ago after I put in my first slate cave:dance:

Ok .. so maybe one slate cave isn't that much to :dance: about ... but how about two?(y) Still working on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 206
Hey, love the tank, how is it doing? Do the tiger barbs still get along with the redline torpedo?

Oh wow ... I've forgotten about those pics .... I've done some rearranging, the DW now lays flat and the ship is in the back right corner, but no replacing of decor.

I've never had an issue with the TigerBarbs and any of the other species Barbs in my tank. My Denison Barbs pick on each other ... but nothing bad, it's funny more than anything.

Good to know! Congrats again, maybe a photo update? How big are the denisons?

Thank you

Before I do post more pics, I want to swap out some of the ornamental decor for more DW and Slate / Rocks. I was happy with the current decor up until a few weeks ago when I saw some other pics of tanks with beautiful malaysian (I think) roots /DW. Probably wont happen till the end of Sept. I did put up a recent pic of my tank in my profile.

My largest Denison I'd say is a hair over 3", the smallest a little over 2" and the third somewhere in the middle ... may just over 2.5" I think Denison Barbs are absolutely gorgeous fish!

They sure are, thats why Im looking into them. Need a bigger setup thought maybe in a couple of months or so. Actually right now I have one, a friends tank cracked and he asked a bunch of us to keep some fish for him and I got the last denison he had left.

Updated tank

I got so tired of seeing the fake decor that I re-did my tank, the before (top) and after are below. It was fine when I first set it up ... but after seeing other pics from members of all natural decor ... I decided it was time.

I removed the taller fake tree root (left) and caves (middle), moved the filter intake and heater to the left, then placed 6 pieces of malaysian DW I bought for $3 each. I stacked 4 of them in a way that makes it look like one taller piece of DW, the other two I have them forming a chain to the Mopani DW that's laying on the left foreground. The fake log that used to be in the middle foreground I moved behind the slate cave so it's barely visible (the way I want it). I'll probably buy some other crypt or swords to hide it further. I think crypt wendtii (bought some more for the front left) has become my favorite plant!

BTW ... The pirate ship belongs to my son ... a gift from his grandfather ... so it had to stay.

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 226
Hey, looks great, how many denisons you got in there?

Thank you ... I've got three Denisons and I love them. They are so energetic, constantly playfully chasing each other. I'm considered adding a fourth ... but I'll keep it a 3 for now.

Back
Top Bottom