Picture of your first tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueAura

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was looking through an old photo album and found a picture of my very first tank, circa 1977. It got me wondering if anyone else has old pictures of their first set up?

This pic looks like I posed the fish care book and their food, along with the beat-up fishbowl housing my swordtail fry. Wish I had more of these pics!

1487460927580.jpg

That's a super cool picture, I love it! You posed everything very nicely! [emoji6] My first tank is my current one so it doesn't really count.

No pics of mine/my mom's and mine, was probably a 29Tall and a 10G to hold all the Guppies. I do have a couple stones which were in that tank back around 1975. Underground filter natural small river gravel and plastic plants, though I believe we had a Banana plant and some other kind. I think the Banana plant had a flower .....and after thinking about it one other flower from something else. Fun memories, my aunt had a huge tank with Angels and something else, and Oscar in a different tank. When I was 2-3 I had a soft shell turtle in a little low kinda octagon bowl with a stone in the middle. Now that was a very long time ago, haha.

It's a word picture.

Here's my first 135 in my second apartment[second floor] back around 1985...
Back when fish were legal and keepers were DUMB!

200+ goldfish a week and I was still scared to put my hand/arm in with Mr.S..
Friends used to show up with a dozen goldfish if they wanted to see them eat!(y)

This is Walter, 1983? Those 2 goldfish were feeder size when I got them. They were his buddies, he only ate snails. 35g Hex with under gravel filter. I surprised anything survived in that tank knowing what I do now. IMG_7575.jpg

He was so full of personality.

This is back in the mid 70's. I was in 7th grade. My stepmom raised angel fish, snails and algae. IMG_7577.jpg

Grandpa was holding down the couch.

Last pic I could find from 2011, when I just started to get back into aquariums.

Attachments

• 2011.jpg
    2011.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom