pleco ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello everyone im thinking of getting a pleco from a buddy he doesnt know what kind it is its about 7" right now is he too big for a 29g

Attachments

• P011211_00.26.jpg
    P011211_00.26.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 101
+1 Common plec ^^ They get to over a foot in length with ease, I had one that got far too big for my 48 gallon :/

Its a high finned pleco,i have one who dose well in my south/central tank,and my lfs uses them in many african tanks,so you may be ok

I had to put a common pleco in 29 gallon tank. For a short time when I had to sell my 70 gal. He was just to big he could kick the sand all the why to the top of the tank. And it ended up breaking my HOB filter from the sand :-(

what do u feed a huuge pleco? how long does it take to grow? my l-83 is now 5.5in, i got it a 2in about 2 months ago. so thats 3.5in of growth and i have no idea whether its gonna slow down or not... haha xx

zucchini and bloodworms are generally good for plecos. i haven't exactly researched the l-83, but based on the diets of most plecos, it sounds like frozen bloodworms, zucchini, and other fresh vegetables such as spinach and carrots could be good supplements. Some driftwood would also be a good idea for rasping and to help aid digestion. another one i've heard of is spirulina sticks... but i don't have any experience with them. pleco's generally grow very quickly. it would be best in your case to research your fish and find out what exactly their needs are and how big it will get. :)

i know how big it gets, and what generally to feed it... but personal experiences with fish are always the best :)

i have DW it just seems determined not to chew on it haha x

Back
Top Bottom