Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That`s a fabulous looking tank. I wish I could have a nice planted tank like ya`ll.

That's really nice! I wish I had a bigger tank to play with. I always feel like I'm just kind of smashing everything in there in a haphazard way. I also wish I had room for more angelfish, mine keep breeding and I wish I had room to keep some of the babies

It is acrylic. :) I had a long and exaustive search for materials to use on this tank for a terrace effect. I ended up with acrylic.
Welcome to my planted tank page here is a link to the "diary" I did that shows the acrylic walls by themselves before I filled the tank incase you are interested. :)

Well here's my second attempt at a planted community tank. Just rearranged it and added more flora. Thanks to Happygirl for providing 75% of the plants. It's mostly swords right now but it's still a work in progress. Of course i think they always are. :bowl: This 40 gallon tank is home to
4 or 5 ghost shrimp
4 white cloud minnows
3 scissor tail rasboras
2 long fin zebra danios - Mated pair that just last week spawned for the first time. No fry since i wasn't expecting it and the other tank mates decided it was snack time. They looked like vultures waitin for a meal.
2 false julii corys
1 albino clawed frog
unknown number of MTS's

I will be putting a back ground on it soon. I like the black but wanted to try a deep, dark blue first. Just gotta find it. Any and all suggestions welcome. :)

Attachments

• DSC02887.jpg
    DSC02887.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,446
picture.php

My current setup while I'm working on upgrading to a 30 gallon long.

img_853790_0_294d8e2233eca1ffc3c00e713416282b.jpg

Things have actually changed quite a bit. I've had to move the tank to a new house, so the plants are in shambles right now, except for the hardy ones. A lot of the rocks have been taken out and the remaining ones have been put into piles. The Moai are currently no longer in the tank. I think I miss them and need to put them back.

Is this the new pic or an old pic? Things look newly planted in that everything is in short groups but I can just imagine everything filled in and growing. It has a real mystical tropics kind of feel. I like the splashes of color and the smooth beach with larger smooth stones. Very nicely done. :) Is that Harlequin Rasbora? They look so neat in a nice little school. :)

My freshwater 120 G high tropical tank, only about 5 weeks old. Can't really see the fish, but here is what I have:
  • 8 small Angelfish, 4 are veiled and 4 are regular.
  • 24 Neon Tetras
  • 24 Zebra Danios
  • 5 Marble Corys
  • 4 Snails
  • 1 Male Siamese fighting fish and 1 female Siamese fighting fish
I still need to tweak the aquascape some and hide the air hoses, etc. :p

tank.jpg

Last edited:
This is my new tank I set up 3 months ago from a nano. It looks like a big frag tank right now so excuse it! LOL!

full tank shot 008 Large Web view.jpg

Here is my recent full tank shot

My camera doesn't seem to take very good quality pictures. I took 12 and this was the best I got

My First SW Tank

Here is my foray into the reef world. Tank has been set up for almost 1 month. Ran out of lr to do what I have in mind but will add later.

img_875649_0_ef2dd1cd47d79ed5a6483c8b73eb2fba.jpg

It `s hard with my camera to get a 6 ft tank in and still see everything but here is the latest pic. You notice I dont use a canopy. I just have a reflector dome over my 4 VHO bulbs.

100_1670.jpg

100_1657.jpg

our biocube14-beginning to take off

Here is a fts of our 14bc--just really started stocking...it has 20 lbs of live sand, 13lbs of live rock (this has been running since June 15th-and our cycle seemed to be finished on the 20th-with water changes, and additions of livestock, no noticeable changes in parameters.

Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 0, pH: 8.4, sg: 1.026, temp: 79,
calcium: 400, phosphates: 0

Cutting the lights back to 6 hrs a day took care of our algae problem, and the ro water has kept it under control, so we can start slowly adding daytime to the tank!! yay!

Aquisitions:
one zoanthid polyp rock (red/brown skirts with green centers), 2 false percs, and 1 diamond goby...all three fish were fed for me by the lfs-and I've had my eye on the rock for about a month (it's doubled it's polyps in that time)...he's picking up 4 plain red mushrooms, and a small pulsing zenia colony for me, along with some small blue leg hermits and nass snails, and I am super excited!!

Any advice, comments on what other softies to add (or if anyone has anything they would like to part with, let me know!!

We're doing 5gal water changes each Saturday, and small top off's about every 3 days.

Attachments

• fts daytime.jpg
    fts daytime.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,038
  • fts actinic.jpg
    fts actinic.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 974
  • from top daytime.jpg
    from top daytime.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 964
Wow, what a collection of scolys and acans!!!! The green and red scoly REALLY stand out. Your tank looks awesome. I didn't realize you can keep them that close. Maybe I have more room left on my sandbed than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom