Predators and monsters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is a channa micropeltes, I'm hoping they don't fight, they are close in size and the tiger is an open area swimmer and the snakeheads like cover. They are also close to the same size, tiger fish is maybe an inch longer. Fingers crossed, if there are any issues I'll have to divide the tank.

kdpuffer said:
That looks like a synodontis multipunctatus. Do a google search and that should help, it's definitely a synodontis catfish.

Thanks

Well I've introduced the snakeheads and so far everything is ok, the tiger did take a snap at one when I first added them. He seems very curious of them but hasn't shown any more aggression but I'm going to add some decor so they have somewhere to hide. One of them has eaten since being added which surprised me since I watched them eat huge goldfish yesterday.

kdpuffer said:
Well I've introduced the snakeheads and so far everything is ok, the tiger did take a snap at one when I first added them. He seems very curious of them but hasn't shown any more aggression but I'm going to add some decor so they have somewhere to hide. One of them has eaten since being added which surprised me since I watched them eat huge goldfish yesterday.

Nice! Hope all goes well..pics!;)

Also, I highly recommend a puffer! They are really personable fish, at least my gsp's are. They are good little hunters, too. I'll have to take some video next time I feed them live shrimp. They polish them off in seconds. They once made a bag of 20-30 tiny pond snails disappear before even one touched the sandbed!

Well here are some pics of the predator tank, it was more wide open but I added the fake driftwood for the snakeheads and since adding it they stay on that end of the tank and the tiger stays to the open end. The tank is a 45g long which for now is good but in time I'll have to upgrade. I will likely get a 120-130g next and move them to that then once they get bigger I'll get my monster tank and move my frontosas to the 120-130.

Well here's a link to a video I took this morning, it's not of feeding but I will try to get one of those vids later when I feed them.

kdpuffer said:
Well here's a link to a video I took this morning, it's not of feeding but I will try to get one of those vids later when I feed them.

Man your tiger has already gotten bigger!!

Not sure what redcaps is, I used my iPhone to take the video unfortunately it was dark out when I took it and the light in my basement living room kinda sux.

kdpuffer said:
Not sure what redcaps is, I used my iPhone to take the video unfortunately it was dark out when I took it and the light in my basement living room kinda sux.

Sorry, stupid autocorrect. I guess it doesn't qualify rescape as I word. So yah I meant rescape

Yes I did rescape, autocorrect tried to change it to rescale lol. I added a few things for the snakeheads as they like more cover.

kdpuffer said:
Yes I did rescape, autocorrect tried to change it to rescale lol. I added a few things for the snakeheads as they like more cover.

Yah I like the way it looks now

more like my dont put your hand in there before feeding time cause youll never see it again tank

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120221_233514.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120221_233514.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 116
  • ForumRunner_20120221_233531.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120221_233531.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20120221_233620.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120221_233620.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 117
  • ForumRunner_20120221_233636.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120221_233636.jpg