Sand moving.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
You know your fish are planning on breeding when they move almost 6" of sand! Not to mention the plants aren't too happy.:rolleyes:

dscf4884.jpg

Wow! That looks like what my pistol shrimp did. I have bare bottom in some places and about 6 inches in others.

My severums would go nuts with their re-decorating efforts. I have to ask....what kind of fish re-did your landscaping??

Silly fishies! I suppose there's not much you can do about it.

The perfectionist in me would freak out if they decided to undo the hard work I'm sure went into your efforts to 'scape the tank. I'm glad my betta feels no need to rearrange things on me.

The fish are geophagus. I will post another picture soon. They have dug a ton more up. LOL it does drive me crazy but I can't do a thing about it.

Here are a few more to show the amazing constructiveness, or destructiveness depending on how you look at it.

dscf4893.jpg

dscf4915.jpg

dscf4897.jpg

dscf4900.jpg

dscf4903.jpg

dscf4908.jpg

Uh-oh, their house is now tilted, what are they going to do about the fish tanks in there!?!?!!?
Nice shots BTW.

wow, i like your tank and normally i find freshwater boring. it looks quite nice, the sand looks odd, your fish are quite...creative

geophagus??? they look like German Blue Rams.... in a way?? but bigger and diff heads..

Those are beautiful brichardis, it makes me sad (had a bad experience this week and lost two:().

That is sooo funny though that they're moving stuff around so much.

My Texas cichlid does the same thing. I always even it back out to give him something to do. SOmetimes while I'm on the desktop close to his tank, I'll hear him moving the gravel around.

Thanks everyone, I found their eggs. In the top of the castle. With the size of the fish, I am having a hard time imagining such a feat. :)

After all that moving and shaking, they end up laying the eggs at the top of the castle?

Go figure.

I have a front yard that needs digging. Can I borrow your pets Anne? :)

Haha, my Kribs did the same thing the first time they spawned. Freaked me out at first. Every day I would go look at the tank and think to myself "I swear that little hill is a bit bigger than it was yesterday!"

Then eventually it was huge and quite obvious that I wasn't imagining things.

Back
Top Bottom