seahorse tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been cycling this 30 gallon for over a month, it is full of crabs, copepods,macroalgae and now......2 Barbouri seahorses! I am really happy with them and the tank.

Of course, always a work in progress.

yep, and they are making pretty good use of it too...hanging upside down and checking stuff out.

Hi Hara,

Are these your first Sea Horses ?
I've always been warned how high maintenance these creatures are and I have been afraid to even attempt keeping them.

They look spectacular and I bet that they have amazing personalities.

Awww... I'm so envious.

These are my first seahorses. I have heard about the high maintenance issues as well, I do not see that as a problem in my circumstance as my husband says I am obsessive/compulsive about these tanks anyway.

There are a couple of things that you can do to make your life easier from the beginning. One of them, I have learned, is to only buy captive-bred ponies. This is more expensive, but they live longer, feed on frozen foods and are all over more durable and hardy.

Last night, we had one baby born. I believe it was due to the stress of shipping etc. I do not think he is carrying more as his pouch is rather empty. At least we know he can have a baby or two :) Maybe some day in the future....who knows.

Back
Top Bottom