Sept SW contest submissions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
washingtontrip162.jpg

And you thought i didn't have a saltwater aquarium.:rocol:

Dough

Dough: yellow tail damsel fish (Chrysiptera parasema) in front of my long tentacle Hydnophora (Hydnophora pilosa) SPS

yellow tail damsel a very attractive small schooling fish, almost impossible to kill in the aquarium and will become territorial. if added, add last so to minimize fighting. often sold as a"start up cycle fish" due to there hardy nature and ability to overcome unstable water quality

Hydnophora pilosa- a SPS coral that has a shaggy appearance due to its long tentacles. Very adaptive coral but prefers strong lighting and good water movement. very aggressive toward other corals usually in brown or a bluish green. not often sold in the fish'coral trade

Attachments

• acropora2.jpg
    acropora2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 85
img_1027120_0_f03b77af8f37680158480d38cc6c1782.jpg

My babe porcupine puffer. (Diodon holacanthus)
Porcupine like to land on rock or bottom of the tank to rest after food time or when they feel like to.
It has its own personality, mine like to look into my camera and smile hehe.
it can grow up to 20"+ in the wild, but mostly to 15" in aquarium.
favorite food:snails, shrimp, clam, squid...etc,
I don't know if all of them do this, but mine will jet water to my face when I play "catch the food" with it.

Am I wrong to add the info based on this line from the rules? If I am sorry, I misunderstood....

RULES:

-All submissions should also include helpful information relating to the background of the subject, care requirements, etc.

Excuse My Rudeness,, And I am retarded.. I totally Miss that part...LOL...LOL...

Am I wrong to add the info based on this line from the rules? If I am sorry, I misunderstood....

RULES:

-All submissions should also include helpful information relating to the background of the subject, care requirements, etc.

The text that goes with my 37 reef submission
CORALS~
2-Acans
1-Monti Cap
1-Psammacora
1-unknown acro
1-Duncan
1-Blasto
1-Candy Cane
1-Neon Green Tongue/slipper
1-Galaxia (it was on the bottom got bumped by the mag cleaner and all but died...my bad not checking it's location after the bottom relocation)
1-Neon Green Favia
1-Blue Maixima (growing well)
1-tree softie
1-Sinularia
1-Neon Green Tree
Green Polyped Leather
12 or so assorted colored Ricordea
8 or so hairy mushrooms
2 Metallic green elephant ears
2-Red Rhodactis
5 or 6 Green Rhodactis
Many different color Discsomas
Many different color Zoanthids
2 species Pulsing Xenia
Electric Green Colve polyps that have orange tips
Daisy Cloves
Micro blue cloves
Yellow Gorgonian (which will be making an exit sooner than later)
INVERTS~
6-8 blue leg hermits
2-peppermint shrimp
1-Scarlet cleaner shrimp
1-Pistol Shrimp
1-growing brittle star ( came as a hitchhiker)
Many Chitons
FISH~
1-Scooter Blenny-Synchiropus ocellatus
1-Yellow Watchman Goby-Cryptocentrus cinctus
1-Orange Firefish-Nemateleotris Magnifica
1-Six-line wrasse-Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
1-Lawn Mower Blenny-Salarias fasciatus

tank is 5 months young. I run a Filstar Rena XP4 as a chemical scrub that contains, 1 standard Chemi-Pure 1 pack Purigen and Fluval Phos-X (ferric oxide). I also have a CPR-BakPak2, 1 Koralia nano, 1 Koralia 1, titanium grounding probe. For lighting I use a Current SunDial 4x24 watt T5. No heater at the moment, tank stays between 77F-79.8F.

I dose daily with Kent Iodide, 8 drops/day, Kent calcium every 3 days, Strontium & Moly once a week (very small dose)

Food soaked in vitamins/garlic twice a week (very small amounts), Rotifers 1-2x's/week (small amounts), Phytoplankton 2x's/week(small amounts)

10 gallon H20 change once a month
well after listing the critters- holy CRAP-the collection grows bigger than I thought! I have not added anything in a couple of weeks and have already been fragging the Zoas, Shrooms and Rics.

Back
Top Bottom