Show off your catfish :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am a big fan of catfish and I want to see all the pics of your favourites :p here are some of mine, I will try and get some of my sailfin pleco as well.

Attachments

• image-2820094092.jpg
    image-2820094092.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 163
  • image-1038684157.jpg
    image-1038684157.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 185
  • image-3204037245.jpg
    image-3204037245.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 184
Shane87 said:
I am a big fan of catfish and I want to see all the pics of your favourites :p here are some of mine, I will try and get some of my sailfin pleco as well.

What are the 2 fish together?

Nice! How did you get his tail do red!? What plans do you have for when he get huge? Lol

I have a 6ft tank now, and am building a heated pond.
I cant take credit for colour; he only arrived here on Friday. But I'm about to attempt to hand feed him-wish me luck!

I also have a small tsn x rtc , but he's only 5 inches. He was in with a tsn (the same size) till he ate him!
How big is your giraffe?

Nice! I have just built a 300+ gallon and I'm planning a 3000g outdoor tank in the next year or so :) and I have a tsn rtc too that's the one that's hiding in the pics lol only got him yesterday, I feed mine hikari carnivore pellets, krill superba, muscles and small silver fish, I had no problem hand feeding him when he was 2 inch but he is a big coward now lol good luck :)

Oh and giraffe is about 6 inch but him and my rtc had a fight and he came off worse so he is being treated with salt ATM.

I've been feeding my tiny hybrid by hand but am a little fearful of The Big One. He last ate on thursday, so I figured I'd try today-although I understand he may not want to eat for a few weeks after moving. I have some big (defrosted) prawns for him tonight-any tips?

Best way to teach him is a big fat night crawler they can't resist them lol apart from that try not to let him see your hand if possible, don't be scared it won't hurt you lol mine is normally a gentle eater.

Please help me with my ignorance, wtf is a night crawler? I've seen mention of them, but assumed they were an odd American species!

itsazoohere said:
Please help me with my ignorance, wtf is a night crawler? I've seen mention of them, but assumed they were an odd American species!

It's a large worm. Normally black, and commonly used in fishing.

And I forgot one of my cats. It's a spotted Raphael catfish and his name is muchacho. He's also best friends with one of my pictus

Attachments

• image-256180910.jpg
    image-256180910.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 149
jackwagon said:
And I forgot one of my cats. It's a spotted Raphael catfish and his name is muchacho. He's also best friends with one of my pictus

I can only see the pictus lol nice tho :)

Back
Top Bottom