Show off your Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlegend

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please Show off all your animals great and small with pictures! So we can all see what kinds of fish their are to put in aquariums and ponds and just browse around as if you were at your LFS. So please post no matter how much your hand covers or how blurry it is! so please post pictures of your FiSH!

Where's your pics?!?

Phoenix Sunset - Imported Thai Betta

What I thought would arrive at my home. (what I bought)
60074-albums14756-picture71946.jpg

This was Phoenix the night I got him from the trans shipper

60074-albums14756-picture71944.jpg

During healing process

60074-albums14756-picture71988.jpg

60074-albums14756-picture71997.jpg

A couple days ago
60074-albums14728-picture72558.jpg

He is approximately 2 years old now

Last edited:
Should I post pics of my tadpoles I kinda want too theyre so cute! I have had them for about a week I just over feed the tank and clean it out super often just so I know they get food.

Gold Nugget xLightning Maroon Clownfish, Captive-Bred ORA®
60074-albums13960-picture72208.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture72209.jpg

Yellow Clown Goby and a Blue Green Chromis
60074-albums13960-picture72576.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture72481.jpg

Decorator crab
60074-albums13960-picture72212.jpg

Decorated himself with a ton of algae
60074-albums13960-picture72224.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!

That's awesome. How Many gallons I looks big but I know Taft turtle I small so it's hard to tell.
---------->>>><>><<>>><>>><<>>>>>

Oh Im not that great at clown fish I.D

Thanks! I haven't worked out the gallons but it's 4 ft long 2 ft wide and 18 inches tall. The marimo moss I ordered came today so I covered the rest of the waterfall, so pleased with how this tank is coming on now [emoji106]IMG_20200424_120902.jpeg

Y’all salt water tanks looking good. I’d love to try one I just don’t have the initial start up funds I feel as though they can be pricey

I’m sure y’all have seen this but curious

Okay so is my balloon molly pregnant or is she floated or anything? I sent two pictures and one she is using the restroom lol

Attachments

• 0116BE47-FC9B-44BC-A096-1B381E18C9F4.jpg
    0116BE47-FC9B-44BC-A096-1B381E18C9F4.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 45
  • B541B75D-55A5-4559-90E4-AC3092D1970C.jpg
    B541B75D-55A5-4559-90E4-AC3092D1970C.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 52
aww cute profile pic hannah!

are those bns a mated pair?

idk bout the balloon molly because they have so many deformalities its so confusing hence the balloon affect.

aww cute profile pic hannah!

are those bns a mated pair?

idk bout the balloon molly because they have so many deformalities its so confusing hence the balloon affect.

Thanks- I love axolotls they are so cute!
They are both very young, still only about 2.5-3 inches long, so I don't know if or when they would start breeding. I didn't get them to breed but the tank is big enough so if they do they do :dance: I know the LFS I got them from loves BN plecos- so I'm assuming he'd take babies if I have any that make it!

Greets, just showing off a few of my babies in our 93 gallon. It has just changed to evening lighting and I don't know how to get the flash to turn off on my phone so that is why it looks a little strange but when I saw 'Gallagher' our red melon discus (how could you have a flat red fish called a melon and NOT name him Gallagher?) and just behind him is 'Blondie' (she & Gallagher are a mated pair) she came to us close to death but thanks to lots of love and work she is now fine. Very dainty girl, pale yellow framed in black around the back. At the bottom center, it is hard to see is 'Spike' a blue and black juvenile discus and all the way to the right under the Anubis plants is 'Blue' who is still hiding from 'Gallagher' who is trying to be a bully but who will run as soon as whomever he is chasing turns around and chases HIM! I've added a photo from the Aquarium Center where we've gotten our Discus over the years so you can see how beautiful he is. All the way on the left-hand side you can just see 'Duncan' our FEMALE (proof I had some difficulty learning to sex Angelfish) red-eye, zebra Angelfish and her mate 'Bandit' who is a blue smoke who is a lot more blue than smoke. He's only about a year old and she has got to be 5 years old by now but they took to each other when we added him because he has a sister and she was set on killing him and this is the only place I had to put him at the time. Now you can't separate them, it would be too cruel.
I'll post some more photos of my big baby as soon as I can get them. He's my black ghost knife fish and is about 9 months old and maybe 7" long at this point. He was only 3" long when we got him and I put him in our 93 gallon but he was being outcompeted for food and I was afraid we would lose him so I moved him to our 29 gallon and I am now moving him to the 49 gallon till I see how he gets on. He is my baby and I am teaching him to eat from my hand. He is going to be my centerpiece fish in my 400 gallon 'prehistoric' tank which I have wanted to have ever since I was in my late 20's. Well, I'm in my late 50's but better late than never. I've always wanted to have a tank with Bala Sharks and when I found they only did well in a school I knew it would be a while before I could do so. I'm adding a Bashir, a Snowball Pleco, a Fire Eel, and a number of others which I am considering. I'm fortunate that my father had almost 60 years in the hobby & that my sons have taken up where he left off. They all know more than I do so I have a lot of support. I just want to mention the last photo I uploaded is a photo of Duncan when she was suffering from what we now know was 'hole in the head' disease. We'd never encountered it before but thankfully we caught it early and she is fine. We didn't know the tell tale 'zit' looking lesions were one of the most telling signs of the condition. I'm so relieved we didn't lose her. She is a very special fish for our whole family as we got her at the Aquarium store who had left her in with about 20 other Angelfish who had torn her to shreds. She didn't have a fin left on her and could barely wiggle around. We gave her a little hospital tank (I think it was only 2 gallons she was so little) and nursed her back to health with everyone in the family stopping by to talk to her all day long. She became the little darling of the family. That was 4 years ago and she is still our little darling.
I think this site is wonderful and with so many people to share and help each other out, there is so much you can learn. Thanks to everyone for sharing their babies and I will get some more photos up when I am able to keep my eyes open. The COVID-19 pandemic has kept everyone in the medical profession hopping and sleep is getting to be a little hard to get at times. God Bless all, be well and stay safe.

Attachments

• thumbnail (12).jpg
    thumbnail (12).jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 94
  • thumbnail (15).jpg
    thumbnail (15).jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 000001.jpg
    000001.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back