Show off your freshwater fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of puffer? Is it fresh or brackish? I'm trying to convince my wife we need one

The green spotted puffer is brackish, as well as the figure eight. Spotted puffers should halve almost (if not full) marine as an adult. There are a few species of puffers that are full fresh the dwarf puffers, South American puffers (very hard to find) and a couple other species, that get bigger. Hope this helpes

The green spotted puffer is brackish, as well as the figure eight. Spotted puffers should halve almost (if not full) marine as an adult. There are a few species of puffers that are full fresh the dwarf puffers, South American puffers (very hard to find) and a couple other species, that get bigger. Hope this helpes

Looks like your questions have been answered. The GSP and Fig 8 will do fine in fresh water for about year (they are collected in fresh water). Then they need to move to brackish. Full marine isn't necessary people do it to save money they can use live rock instead of doing weekly water changes. a good way to think of it is GSP's move down stream to estuaries sort of like salmon. They don't really venture out into open ocean but hang in mangrove type areas.

That's what I figured, I've learnt the hard way ask people here who are doing it now. I've had some issues with the google search and the lfs that I really trusted just closed. They were great honest, their tanks were immaculate and they actually would not sell you stuff You didn't need. I guess being honest wasn't profitable

Now the hard part convince the wife we need another tank. I can't even use the kids want it excuse anymore

Looks like your questions have been answered. The GSP and Fig 8 will do fine in fresh water for about year (they are collected in fresh water). Then they need to move to brackish. Full marine isn't necessary people do it to save money they can use live rock instead of doing weekly water changes. a good way to think of it is GSP's move down stream to estuaries sort of like salmon. They don't really venture out into open ocean but hang in mangrove type areas.

Lol didnt mean to take from your spot light, I'm just really into puffers.

@bowhunterking or who ever else has puffers. Will they eat MTS snails? My tanks are overrun by them and my the loaches don't seem to eat them

@bowhunterking or who ever else has puffers. Will they eat MTS snails? My tanks are overrun by them and my the loaches don't seem to eat them

I would appreciate mts snails for my tank if you don't want them.

I would appreciate mts snails for my tank if you don't want them.

I'm in Canada and honestly if you tell me how to ship them to you I will happily send you as many as you want. I love having them in my tank (keep the sand turned) they just multiply like crazy started with about 10 a few months ago now have a huge amount. I usually take out about 20-30 a week and that barely makes a dent

Usual most lfs give them away do free. That's how I got mine

Back
Top Bottom