Showing off the girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very pretty. I 've never seen pink mudpuppies. Only the common ones sold rarely in my area. As a kid, my grand pa and il would occasionally catch mudpuppies while netting minnows in the creeks around his WVA home. Never kept one in an aquarium before. Are they hardy? And what do you feed them?

I believe those are axolotls.
My dream setup would include (in separate tanks) axolotls, mudpuppies, and sirens. Odd amphibious collection. Okay, maybe a hellbender thrown in for fun.
As for axolotls, they require cooler temps, no gravel (they can swallow it and eventually die), and decent water conditions.

Last edited:
Very pretty. I 've never seen pink mudpuppies. Only the common ones sold rarely in my area. As a kid, my grand pa and il would occasionally catch mudpuppies while netting minnows in the creeks around his WVA home. Never kept one in an aquarium before. Are they hardy? And what do you feed them?

They're actually called Axolotls, and they are very needy. Pooping all the time, need to be hand fed and can get Nippy. But if you're looking for a hobby, they're definitely right for you.

I believe those are axolotls.
My dream setup would include (in separate tanks) axolotls, mudpuppies, and sirens. Odd amphibious collection. Okay, maybe a hellbender thrown in for fun.
As for axolotls, they require cooler temps, no gravel (they can swallow it and eventually die), and decent water conditions.

All here is correct. And I might be selling one of my Leusistics (she just clearly doesn't feel at home) to get a dwarf Axolotl. I've never seen a siren before.

All here is correct. And I might be selling one of my Leusistics (she just clearly doesn't feel at home) to get a dwarf Axolotl. I've never seen a siren before.

My sister in law used to see sirens when she worked for a environmental quality company. They would be wrapped around the roots of floating plants. I don't think I've seen them on the aquatic trade sites.
For a visual, picture an eel like amphibian with external gills and no rear legs.

My sister in law used to see sirens when she worked for a environmental quality company. They would be wrapped around the roots of floating plants. I don't think I've seen them on the aquatic trade sites.
For a visual, picture an eel like amphibian with external gills and no rear legs.

Huh, they sound pretty interesting! Where are they native to?

California's ban is actually over it being invasive as well as endangered. Personally if I can help a species in trouble... I would love to.

Huh, had no idea. I'd like to too but I don't always know how

Huh, they sound pretty interesting! Where are they native to?

The Greater Siren is found along the coastal regions in the southeast US from Alabama to Virginia.
The Lesser Siren is distributed in the same areas as the Greater Siren as well as the Gulf Coast regions of Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi and along the Mississippi River.

The Greater Siren is found along the coastal regions in the southeast US from Alabama to Virginia.
The Lesser Siren is distributed in the same areas as the Greater Siren as well as the Gulf Coast regions of Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi and along the Mississippi River.

Huh, I'll have to do some research on these guys!

These guys are so cute, need good water quality, can eat everything!

My friend had them and I do not recall the correct terms but one was lavender. Your guys are darling!

These guys are so cute, need good water quality, can eat everything!

My friend had them and I do not recall the correct terms but one was lavender. Your guys are darling!

They're still doing well together! The beauties are behaving wonderfully.

Back
Top Bottom