Shrimp Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DizzCat

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, On a whim I bought 4 Ghost Shrimps last weekend. I just think they are so cool to watch. I love watching them eat blood worms, you can see it being swallowed and it move all the way to their tummy. Coool :) One little guy loves food so much he follows my finger on the glass. I feed blood worms with a medicine dropper and this guy was hanging on to it and wouldn't let go LOL.

Got a couple really good photos the other day. I was shocked at how good they came out! :p
img_1032619_0_bc3857302061eb2f1e6c0948f440efde.jpg

img_1032619_1_b0dfbdae9ca7c1e952420fdc75d1b331.jpg

img_1032619_2_4413b28c5a3638200969dab829ecaa23.jpg

I love those kind of shrimp! :D

Very interesting little guys. I made the mistake of putting them in a tank with fish though =( Should have probably thought that through.. Oh well.

I didn't worry about the fish, I had a few before. What I worried about was a frog nabbing one. But one of the little guys walked right over the frog and it ignored it. I am really wanting Cherry Shrimp but the ones at my lfs are still way too tiny to put in the tank. So, I am hoping they still have some when they get bigger.

One did die on me, so I dropped the corpse into the Mbuna tank and it got snagged in seconds LOL No way would I put shrimp in that tank! The fish in my planted tank just ignore them. Plus, they were only 30 cents each, so figured if they did get ate I was only out a dollar.

i bought 12 last week, had 10 die overnight, i started to put a couple in as a treat for my mbuna, but i was scared to death i might give them some disease or something, so i just tossed them outside...

They can carry horsehair worms, but it was most likely nitrates if you had them in a community tank.

Back
Top Bottom