Some new shots with our new camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morleyz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, we decided to buy ourselves a present and bought a new digicam (Canon EOS D300), and here's my first pictures from it. I used the fully automatic mode, so they're not the greatest, but I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

150G African Tank
fulltank1017.jpg

Nimbochromis Venustus
venustus1017.jpg

Cyphtilapia Frontosa
frontosa1017.jpg

frontosa1017-2.jpg

frontosa1017-3.jpg

Aulonocara
aulonocara1017.jpg

Protomela Taeniolatus ndiwi
ndiwi1017.jpg

Maylandia Estherae (Red Zebra)
zebrapair.jpg

zebra1017-1.jpg

zebrababies.jpg

Wow, excellent photos and a great cam!! I want that cam, I am looking at getting one at tax time, if I can't talk the wife into the 10D. Which lenses did you get? Or did you already have some from a previous film cam?

I have the Canon 18-55mm lense that came packaged with it...and I've ordered a sigma 28-300mm AF lense. I really wanted the sigma 50-500mm lense because I take a lot of sports shots, but I'm going to play a bit before I drop the $700.

Nice pics, Jeff ! As usual, your fish are incredibly beautiful and healthy-looking in their colouration and display !

I love the new camera, btw... the clarity of the pictures is so much better than your old one !

Like everybody else has said Excellent pictures, WOW! and what a lovely African set-up. I do have one question, how do you find the malawi and the tanganyicans cichlids get on together.

They are really stunning Frontosa's.

Excellent pictures!

The eos 300's shutter lag time must be quite short, you get the fish in the pictures :D . With most of the P&S type cameras the fish is gone by the time the camera gets around to actually taking a picture.

For your focal length, I think the multiplier is 1.6 * the lense focal length to get the effective focal length for the eos 300(same for the 10D (same image sensor))

Terry said:
Like everybody else has said Excellent pictures, WOW! and what a lovely African set-up. I do have one question, how do you find the malawi and the tanganyicans cichlids get on together.

They are really stunning Frontosa's.

The front pictures are all of the same fish...and he's actually the only Tang I have in there...so I can't really say for sure, but there haven't been any problems yet.

Back
Top Bottom