Some Plant Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few close-up photos of some of the healthier plants I've been able to grow in my ARLC tank:

Ceratopteris siliquosa:

Ceratopteris_siliquosa.jpg

Mayaca sellowiana with curious L. caeruleus looking on in background:

Mayaca_sellowiana.jpg

Nuphar japonicum var Formosa with grumpy Ps. elongatus in background:

Nuphar_japonicum_01.jpg

Cyperus helferi:

Cyperus_helferi.jpg

Elatine triandra:

Elatine_triandra.jpg

Pogostemon helferi - AKA Downoi:

Pogostemon_helferi_01.jpg

Heteranthera zosterifolia:

Heteranthera_zosterifolia.jpg

And finally a shot of my favorite fish:

G_Dubya_01_Stamp.jpg

Wow!! :eek2: Wonderful! I love the first one of the plant pearling! I love the mix of colors in the second one. I love the close-up of the elatine, and the downoi is very interesting. They are all excellent! :D

Inspiring, as usual! :D

My L. caeruleus agressively uproot anything I try to plant, and I gave up after two months of daily replanting, and even my efforts to use thread to tie the plants to a rock with their roots in the sand was a bust :( . Now I've got N. pulcher in this tank so I am optimistic, though it will never be a tank like yours - rock on!

Those are truly some magnificent plants. Unfortunately my LFS, while good at carrying a variety of plants, doesn't ever seem to have any of those.

Thanks guys :D

All of the rock I've got is lace rock. From what I understand it is volcanic in origin and the guys at the two local fish stores I get it from say they buy it from a couple of nomads from Utah who come through Denver about twice a year with a truckload of it. They collect it somewhere in Utah, hopefully legally :p

Cool! I like the way it looks with some algae/moss? on it. Keep up the fantastic work! (y)
BTW, your article on wet thumb monthly was really good :D

Back
Top Bottom