Some shots of my keyhole Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billsgate

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought I'd share some pics of my keyhole cichlids. Just to Show off offcourse :oops:
Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• upload1_399.jpg
    upload1_399.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,726
  • upload2.jpg
    upload2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 133
  • upload3.jpg
    upload3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,720
Okey, this one actually sucks, I tried to remove the flash, but the colours are all messed up.

Attachments

• upload4.jpg
    upload4.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 218
Great pics! I remember, oh so long ago, when you first got them... how they have grown... *snif*

Thanks to both of you :wink:
I must admit that when I first got them as youngsters I thought they looked a bit dull. Here's a pic of when they were only a few months old: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4345&cat=all&page=1

But with the right care, right foods, and patience, they become gorgeous fishies :D
The thing is, that when I look on the internet for pictures of these fish, almost 90% of the time they show dull, fat fish with transparent fins, their keyhole not showing, etc. BTW, in my case, the male has the black dot on his back (keyhole) all the time, and the female only when they have eggs/young or when she's competing with the male for an algae wafer or other foods. And offcourse when they start courting they are even more beautifull, spreading their fins out as far as possible, all colours brighter then normal,etc.... :D

Thanks for the compliments.....
And gheitman, you could easily keep a pair in a 20 g + some otos. That would make a nice setup. 20 g for a pair is a bare minimum though, you probably wouldn't be able to raise allot of fry or anything. 30 g long would be better :D

Back
Top Bottom