Tails of Fish - New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tails of Fish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my tank for two weeks now, My first day the water was crystal clear, the next day it became a little cloudy (picture) and has stayed that way, My local aquatic shop sold me four fish "danios? .. (one has since died but the other three are thriving) And said I could put these in straight away?.. I added Tap Safe.. Cleaned my filter, artificial plants, Since then I have added some real plants a air stone and did a 25% water change, I am informed I'm experiencing a "fish cycle"? ..is this true?..will it clear?..I am a beginner at this.. Any advice please?..

Thank You DSC_0040-1.jpg

Welcome!

Check out the link to the article in my signature, great info for Getting Started.

There are links for "Fish In" cycling too. Interesting and useful other info as well in the article section.

Careful when cleaning your filter, if it's the pad you're cleaning. If you do need to clean it because it's obstructing flow, be sure to do it in old tank water in order not to kill the beneficial bacteria on it. Otherwise, your tank will not process ammonia too well which will result in fish deaths

Back
Top Bottom