Tanked it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Metal screen, metal designs sheets for background, and Garnet sand available from sand blasting supplier, comes in different colors and coarseness, appx. $20 for 50 pounds!

The big box home improvement stores have tons of different types of metal. Check next to the welding supplies. - also "tin" ceiling tiles are cool!

Metal screen, metal designs sheets for background, and Garnet sand available from sand blasting supplier, comes in different colors and coarseness, appx. $20 for 50 pounds!

The big box home improvement stores have tons of different types of metal. Check next to the welding supplies. - also "tin" ceiling tiles are cool!

Thank u that's sounds great do you have any pics of some so i can have some type of starting point

Here is the pic which gave me the idea for the metal background.

I had set the lid for my 6.6G Edge down behind the tank and I had snapped a pic of the little tank in the pic. And got inspiration!!!

It isn't that the tank or the pic is good, it was the inspiration for it, LOL!

60074-albums11858-picture52993.jpg
[/IMG]

There are really good metal sheets at home depot. I will see if I can see what they are called other than decorative metal sheets 3' x 3' and larger ones.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202091...ct-1-_-202525469-_-202091746-_-N#.UU_tqRwsmrE

And ceiling tiles...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/cat...=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All

Here is the pic which gave me the idea for the metal background.

I had set the lid for my 6.6G Edge down behind the tank and I had snapped a pic of the little tank in the pic. And got inspiration!!!

It isn't that the tank or the pic is good, it was the inspiration for it, LOL!

[/IMG]

There are really good metal sheets at home depot. I will see if I can see what they are called other than decorative metal sheets 3' x 3' and larger ones.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202091746?productId=202091746&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC-_-product-1-_-202525469-_-202091746-_-N#.UU_tqRwsmrE

And ceiling tiles...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=tin+ceiling%20tiles&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All

Wow this is a great idea ,I'm going to HD tomorrow thank u for the idea

Are you trying to use metal inside of the tank?

If that's the case I wouldnt. It would look really amazing as a background with some black behind it, but inside the tank it'll end up rusting. Even if you get some kind of coating to use so it wont, chances are it'll wear off eventually from being underwater 24/7

Anyways:: My idea would be something like an amazon riverbed scape. Lots of driftwood and river rocks, tons of swords and plants making it look somewhat overgrown. Pool Filter sand as the substrate?

If that's the case I wouldnt. It would look really amazing as a background with some black behind it, but inside the tank it'll end up rusting. Even if you get some kind of coating to use so it wont, chances are it'll wear off eventually from being underwater 24/7

Anyways:: My idea would be something like an amazon riverbed scape. Lots of driftwood and river rocks, tons of swords and plants making it look somewhat overgrown. Pool Filter sand as the substrate?

I was meaning it as a background, and to be behind the tank!

Anyways:: My idea would be something like an amazon riverbed scape. Lots of driftwood and river rocks, tons of swords and plants making it look somewhat overgrown. Pool Filter sand as the substrate?[/QUOTE

Oh no i knew it was for the outside of the tank

Back
Top Bottom