The gloomy days are over!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fatcatmatt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I do not have the prettiest tank compared to a lot of pros here. But it IS my first proper fish tank and I don’t think my facebook friends will appreciate any more fish photos.

I’m extremely proud to share that after close to 2 months, I finally achieved full stock with a nice fish-in cycle. And absolutely no casualties.

Because I went through such a tough 2 months of cycling, thought I share my journey..

1. Couldn’t find ammonia, use fish food cycling and ended up with mould in tank. Used tweezers to slowly clear the mould.
2. Decided on Fish in cycle with Seachem prime and stability - but fish store send me FULL STOCK instead of just 2 fishes as I requested.
3. Battled ich for 1.5 week, solved with purely heat and fervent daily water change. It was bad, infecting each ember tetra one by one, I thought I would lose the whole school. All survived! Disrupted cycle but fish lives first!
4. Plant lacked so much nutrients and started melting . Started using Seachem flourish comprehensive, managed lighting conditions, trimmed dying leaves. New leaves are nice and green now.
5. Moss detached from poor tying when I got it. Whole tank was covered in moss, painfully removed them one by one with tweezers and tied them again to rocks.

So many sleepless and stressful nights, but I did it. Along with no fish casualties. I did lose 2 shrimps though, not too sure why.

My current stock in my 10G
1 x Dwarf Sunset Gourami
9 x Ember tetra
5 x Blue velvet shrimps (I think 5, I can’t seem to find them all at once, probably hiding).
1 x Patience of a Tibetan monk.

I’ve ordered a tall Amazon sword to hide the corner filter, and it’s on its way. But since I got a perfect reading (FINALLY!) today (ammonia nitrite 0, nitrates 5 at most), I’m so excited I needed to share it. Any feedback to improve always welcomed =)

Attachments

• 4A9ACD39-98D4-4E79-8978-51FDDDBBA061.jpg
    4A9ACD39-98D4-4E79-8978-51FDDDBBA061.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 50
Good job. It’s a labor of love and I’m sure you’ll have more tanks soon, lol

Ah haha. I’m ACTUALLY already window shopping online.

But I know I can never get another (or even upsize for that matter).. otherwise I’ll have to go shop for another wife. Lolol

Back
Top Bottom