Tiki themed 55 in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestarbandit

Aquarium Advice Freak
Waiting on about 40 plastic plants pennplax minus branding ( same lines in china - look for pcs/lot deals on amazon you will be surprised! )
But tiki decor is in place my few live plants aren't having a good go, water checks out good but all 3 lfs say it's something in the water here. Unless going full co2 etc they said don't waste your time/money. And of course the lucky bamboo can't stay forever. Don't mind the visible airline that's temporary. Waiting on my 20 feet silicon line to arrive
( amazon is sure my friend lol ).

So we have:
Betta male x1
Clown loach x2
Common pleco x1
Balas x4
Ghost shrimp x11 (4 x pregos in separate brood tank )
Platy something - red/orange/black x2 (asked for male / female got male / male oh well ) red wag maybe
Black Platy x2
Salt and pepper Platy x2
White cloud x6
Cory albino x2
Peppered Cory x2
Some cool special looking Cory almost red with black triangle x1
Red tail shark x2
Fancy guppy male x2
Fancy guppy female x2

image-3049554790.jpg

Attachments

• image-3366916619.jpg
    image-3366916619.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 168
  • image-833160977.jpg
    image-833160977.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 166
  • image-3897374259.jpg
    image-3897374259.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 180
No comments ? Booohoooo hoooooo.

Lol really nothing? I said imagine 40+ plants and ignore the temp airline ugliness. Sheesh guess I'll have to wait till the plants get off the slow boat from china.

Lonestarbandit said:
Waiting on about 40 plastic plants pennplax minus branding ( same lines in china - look for pcs/lot deals on amazon you will be surprised! )
But tiki decor is in place my few live plants aren't having a good go, water checks out good but all 3 lfs say it's something in the water here. Unless going full co2 etc they said don't waste your time/money. And of course the lucky bamboo can't stay forever. Don't mind the visible airline that's temporary. Waiting on my 20 feet silicon line to arrive
( amazon is sure my friend lol ).

So we have:
Betta male x1
Clown loach x2 &-
Common pleco x1 -
Balas x4 &-
Ghost shrimp x11 (4 x pregos in separate brood tank )
Platy something - red/orange/black x2 (asked for male / female got male / male oh well ) red wag maybe
Black Platy x2
Salt and pepper Platy x2
White cloud x6
Cory albino x2 &
Peppered Cory x2 &
Some cool special looking Cory almost red with black triangle x1 &
Red tail shark x2 -
Fancy guppy male x2
Fancy guppy female x2

I like that driftwood peice!But I seriously hope you have a 200 some gallon tank for the pleco,bala sharks,and clown loaches
Also the fish marked with a & need 6 or more friends as they are schoolers and the buddies must be of their own species
Oh and the fish marked with a - should be rehomed

Nope. They aren't going anywhere for the time being. If they get too crowded it's no trouble at all to set up one of my other 2 55s. But for the moment they all get along fine. Plus the 46 has room if it came down to it or even the 10 that has the prego ghost shrimp. Plenty of options when needed. Can't have a 200 gallon because the old farmhouse pier and beam wooden floor won't take it. That's the equivalent of parking my car or truck in the living room lol. However I have well over 200 gallons in separate tanks ;)

Lonestarbandit said:
Nope. They aren't going anywhere for the time being. If they get too crowded it's no trouble at all to set up one of my other 2 55s. But for the moment they all get along fine. Plus the 46 has room if it came down to it or even the 10 that has the prego ghost shrimp. Plenty of options when needed. Can't have a 200 gallon because the old farmhouse pier and beam wooden floor won't take it. That's the equivalent of parking my car or truck in the living room lol.

Sorry to be rude but you're probably condemning the bala sharks, pleco, clown loaches, black shark, and red tailed sharks to slow and painful deaths because of stunting or aggressiveness
Please rehome them

emerald76 said:
Sorry to be rude but you're probably condemning the bala sharks, pleco, clown loaches, black shark, and red tailed sharks to slow and painful deaths because of stunting or aggressiveness
Please rehome them

No thanks.
The question was really about the tank design not the fish population. My fault for listing them. Won't happen again.

I think the tank looks very nice. And I have no idea how you're going to fit so many plants in there! I will be surprised if the fish will even be able to breath. Especially since you have a multitude of very large fish not even suitable for the tank. I'd definitely consider removing the bamboo as well. I know you know you need to remove it, but why keep it in there when you know it's just going to rot and die and mess with your parameters? I find that lucky bamboo looks great in a pot with many strands of it. Good luck :)

okapizebra said:
I think the tank looks very nice. And I have no idea how you're going to fit so many plants in there! I will be surprised if the fish will even be able to breath. Especially since you have a multitude of very large fish not even suitable for the tank. I'd definitely consider removing the bamboo as well. I know you know you need to remove it, but why keep it in there when you know it's just going to rot and die and mess with your parameters? I find that lucky bamboo looks great in a pot with many strands of it. Good luck :)

Yes not all 40 plants are going into the tank lol was exaggeration I want some for other tanks. Also the bamboos coming out as we know it can't stay there forever it's just there temporarily for decoration till the plants get here. Just like the airline I'm waiting for my 20 feet of silicone airline line and flexible bubble wands to arrive. The intent is to add green LEDs behind the eyes of the center, left and right tikkis. Sadly I cannot pot the lucky bamboo as I have cats and from what I gather it is poisonous to them.

I like your backround if its stuck on with Sellotape maybe try putting baby oil on it and then sticking it back onto the tank and then try getting a credit card (or something of a similar shape) and pushing out the air bubbles.. I have a backround on my tanks and it worked great it made the colours a lot brighter!! Just a suggestion great looking tank.

Tropicalfish12 said:
I like your backround if its stuck on with Sellotape maybe try putting baby oil on it and then sticking it back onto the tank and then try getting a credit card (or something of a similar shape) and pushing out the air bubbles.. I have a backround on my tanks and it worked great it made the colours a lot brighter!! Just a suggestion great looking tank.

Thanks, it is just cello tape. I might try that suggestion thanks!

paytertot said:
It looks kool :)
But you really need to address those stocking problems as soon as possible.

+1 I didn't read that. Wow that tank is STOCKED! 2 red tailed sharks among other things. I have 1 red tail in my 75g.

Good luck

No thanks.
The question was really about the tank design not the fish population. My fault for listing them. Won't happen again.

Just like your thread was about tank design, this forum is for aquarium advice. The members here are entitled to their opinions of your stocking. You listed what you had in the tank. They noted some incompatibilities with your stock list. After that, it is up to you to do the ethical thing.

meegosh said:
Just like your thread was about tank design, this forum is for aquarium advice. The members here are entitled to their opinions of your stocking. You listed what you had in the tank. They noted some incompatibilities with your stock list. After that, it is up to you to do the ethical thing.

Again I should have never listed the stock as I have what I have had in the past with great success. While they are entitled to their opinion on the stock due to my foolishness for listing it advice with regard to the stock was not sought nor will be taken notice of.

sally pu said:
I like it, it reminds me of Finding Nemo!

Lol THAT was an aspect I hadn't considered but cool! All that remains now are 3 green underwater LEDs to be placed in 3 of the tiki heads. Probably do that next month.

I hate it when people refuse advice. It's not really opinion, its just the way it is. I'm not going to get mad because mods don't like that but I'm just going to wish you luck and hope that for your fishes sake you change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom