Type of Loach?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PWattwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't know if I'm in the right place, but can anyone tell me what type of loach he is. I've had him for around a year and a half, he is very shy.

image-2771165559.jpg

Maybe a sucking loach? I'm hardly an expert though.

What size tank is he in and roughly how long is he?

the best kind if u ask me for freshwater.u can have him wit larger,meaner fish, even puffers if u give him a place to hide at night.

Are you sure? Doesn't look like a CAE to me..... CAE's have a solid stripe down the side and this guy looks like he's patterned..... :ermm:

image-1972263196.jpg

image-3950966021.jpg

The 1st pic was taken 2 months ago in the tank he is in now. You can see that there is no pattern, just a long stripe.

The 2nd pic was taken over a year ago in my old tank. Here he is more spotty. U might need to zoom in a bit.

He changes quite a bit.... Do u no why this could be

image-2797921103.jpg

Jay took this one, again he has a stripe with spots. My blue ram is also wanting a bit of the action lol

That is a Chinese Algae Eater. It grows WAY too big for that tank and I suggest you move him out there immedieately, because if he does in fact GROW to his full potential of eleven inches, he'll kill all your fish along the way. I would also suggest upgrading your tank, because I saw a ram in a picture, and IMO 24 litres is too small.

Back
Top Bottom