Updated photos of Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smitty

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think my firts and CO2 are about right. Well, I think I need more firts but not sure what else to do. Anyway, I have some updated pictures of my jungle!

What kind of plants you have in the tank and what is the stocking? I can ID some of the plants but can't tell about others.

Thanks for the comments!! It has taken 10 months to get it to this point. It has been a challenge!

As to the plants most people will hate me because I have no idea of the names of most of the plants! The only one I know of is an Amazon Sword. Took forever for it to grow because I didn't know I needed root tabs. I also have some Dwarf hair grass in the front that is growing in really nice. I had them all written down when I bought them but that paper was tossed when the house got cleaned :(

As for the fish, the tiger barbs always school together. Mostly in two packs but sometimes all 14 at the same time.

I'm having a hard time deciding to trim. On one hand, the barbs aren't schooling as much and they typically like some long open areas... on the other hand they have been much more docile than before and haven't been bothering the other fish.

As to stock: 11 Tiger Barbs, 3 Albino Barbs, 2 Bosimi Rainbows, 5 Cory Cats, 7 Zebra Danios, 1 Rhino Pleco, 1 SAE, 2 Bolivian Rams (one male, one female) and then 1 I'm not sure of on the name which I'll post a picture below:

You know, I've seen that loach chasing the other fish and I was already thinking about taking him back but catching that thing is another matter entirely!

As for the lighting I have 2x54 T5HO and 2x40 T5 bulbs. They are all in the 6500-10k range but most in the 6500 range. I know one of the HO bulbs is Pink and one of the normal T5s is pink too. I also have CO2 from a 5gallon that is on a timer.

Ya, there are harrassing little buggers aren't they. There are certain loaches out there that can be a pain and are kinda aggressive, but he fits in well with your barbs. Good population control for convicts and guppies and stuff. I would keep him, i don't see them much in the trade.

*EDIT*
I think i made a mis Identification on the loach. I believe it is a Botia berdmorei, or a Blyths loach. They are aggressive towards any other loach, even there own kind. You might be able to get 1 more but that is it, they will stake out there own territories. They are cichlids of the loach species. They are 1 of the larger loach species, they grow to 8 to 10 inches.

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish/blythsloach.php

I am pretty sure it is this, but a better picture would help.

Back
Top Bottom