Video of my fish, and identification needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
The fish hates my Camera, so I got him with the ol movie camera instead. :)

It looks sorta like a Rosy barb, but I don't know.. the Rosy Barbs I've seen wern't as " tall " top to bottom as this guy, nor have the lonig flowing fins.

And its gold/silvery counterpart looks exactly like the one caught on tape, only difference is that its gold/silverish and has a much fatter belly.

http://www.googlywoog.com/images/movie.avi

There is a long-finned version of the rosy barb. I've seen many a mix of the goldish-silver you speak of and the red ones. I'm no rosy expert, so I contributed it to male/female coloring. But I've seen long-finned rosy barbs like that all the time. Perhaps that's what (s)he is?

I have no clue, I Just know that it dosn't look like any rosy barb I've ever seen, because of the longer and flowing fins, and its also wider, as in belly to dorsal fin width.

Well fed perhaps :lol:

I found this on a site by some Rosy Barb fanatic:
"Barbus conchonius is the beautiful rosy barb. It is red (male) and yellow (female) with black spots near the rear and on the dorsal fin. Rosy barbs grow to six inches at most ... Rosy barbs have been bred with longfins, neon reflecting scales, and now a lighter color (blushing rosy barb; it is more see-through)."

No idea about its width. Here's a good article, for those who want to know about Rosy barbs. http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/breeding/Mallet_Rosybarb.html

Tell the fish to hit the gym.

Oh gawd!

The silvery yellowish goldish is the female?!

AND SHE HAS A GIANT STOMACH!

Eggs? 8O 8O 8O

Possibly, and in that article, it says Rosy Barbs are egg-eaters. So if you hope to salvage any little ones...get ready for that. :)

Allivymar said:
*giggles*

Poppa William ;)

The only thing I've had breed is Mollies and Black Mystery Snails.

I don't quite get my fishes in the mood to groove like you seem to be able to, Alli :lol:

LOL Oh I dunno William; looks like they're picking up hints from my guys ;)

Back
Top Bottom