Vulture catfish eating in slow motion (video)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim Wheatley

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Vulture Catfish eating pellets in slow motion. Believe it or not, I had siphoned out all the poop two days ago. The Pleco who also is in the tank does a great job of immediately 'decorating' the sand. It's pretty awesome seeing the vacuum effect when they open their mouth and suck the food in.

Man that's a big fish? What size tank is this? I saw one of these things of river monsters and I have to say they were pretty awesome looking

Man that's a big fish? What size tank is this? I saw one of these things of river monsters and I have to say they were pretty awesome looking

125 US Gallons. Yeah, I saw that as well. First time I had ever seen one outside my tank!

I bet, it's always cool to watch a show and see a fish you own shown up on the screen, (like my hatchet fish he used as bait) very cool scavengers.

Thanks for the compliments on the fish, guys. :) He's super active, too. But oh boy does he eat a lot.

I actually planned to have a catfish and Angelfish tank, as my previous Vulture catfish wasn't aggressive towards anything. This guy is different, and after he ate an Angelfish, I had to change that plan. I use Guppies as dither fish, and the catfish have become the focal fish.

I try my best to keep him with a fat belly, as he only seems to be aggressive when it's not.

How long is he now and how long will he get?

He's about 9-10 inches, not including whiskers, as they essentially are the length of his body again. Largest documented one ever was 19.5", but in my experience they grow fast up to 9-10" then do not grow as fast.

I had one previously in a 75 gallon and traded him to a larger tank owner when he got to be about 9 inches.

Back
Top Bottom