Wasp Pictures (Round 2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
No dial up warning. :twisted:

It was a bit cooler today so the nest activity was way down from usual. It was very difficult staining the front panels of my new stand while this entire group was buzzing around the garage. I decided to take some pictures now because my dad is going to destroy the nest before somebody gets stung.

I'm still fiddling with the manual settings on the camera so the pictures aren't exactly as crisp i want them to be. Not bad for only having the camera for a week or two though...

wasp2.jpg

wasp1.jpg

wasp3.jpg
Low f-stop to overexpose the picture a bit. A good effect, but the focus is still a bit off. Focusing with the LCD is nearly impossible and the wasps were to high up to focus with the viewfinder.

Cool pics. Those look like some nasty suckers. Ill have to check my father in laws house to see how the one I took pics of is working.

What camera are you shooting with?

canon A60 in full-manual.

they look nasty, but they look cool as hell too. if they could grow to the size and intelligence of a dog and didn't sting, I'd keep one as a pet!

Mr Burns said:
canon A60 in full-manual.

they look nasty, but they look cool as hell too. if they could grow to the size and intelligence of a dog and didn't sting, I'd keep one as a pet!
I didnt mean nasty as ugly, I meant mean as heck :) The yellow wasps that I shot dont look as mean as those :p lol.

Back
Top Bottom