Who says Black Moors are ugly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you need some more darkness on the left of the tank to balance out the big dark piece of dw on the right. Maybe a smaller piece of dw to put over there or some kind of rock?

I was actually thinking of switching out most of the substrate except for the mulm for some eco complete. I really wanna heavily plant this thing! I'll probably attach the anubias to a driftwood i'll be getting for the left side.

I read on another thread that the nutrients get used up in eco complete. And once they get used up you're stuck with it

I read on another thread that the nutrients get used up in eco complete. And once they get used up you're stuck with it

Interesting. I thought there was some pre packaged bacteria that lived in eco complete that converted detritus into even more mulm. I'm torn between getting the iron and magnese supplement liquid for the plants or the eco complete...since i'm going to heavily plant this tank

Well I wouldn't be able to tell you for sure.
Do you really need eco complete to heavily plant it?

PancakesMcCoolWhip said:
Those are the cutest goldfish! I was looking into getting a panda moor to accompany Kuro but he's just so messy on his own hahah the guy is fist sized already. I'm still trying to fatten him up!

Some snapshots of the full tank:

The scape still looks pretty empty...gotta get more plants. Any suggestions?

Thanks I think so but I'm partial!! Lol since I've seen yours I'm like hmm mm maybe I need a moor too!!!

Lol I think a background would be a good place to Start but I think it's nice As is

What size tank? Atleast a 30 for two goldies... Unfortunately

Thanks I think so but I'm partial!! Lol since I've seen yours I'm like hmm mm maybe I need a moor too!!!

Lol I think a background would be a good place to Start but I think it's nice As is

What size tank? Atleast a 30 for two goldies... Unfortunately

Yep it's a 30 gallon. they will be the only ones there. I can evict the cory gang to another tank if need be....I just really want another goldfish:facepalm:

On another note, I just added some epic looking driftwood in the tank with two of my anubias attached to it. I'll post pics soon

@tarpon I think i'm deciding against the eco complete. I'll probably just keep it to hardy/non-demanding plants like anubias and java moss/fern and fertilize them with some iron / magnesium liquid fertilizers. I'm still trying to get my hands on that amazing looking narrow leaf java fern!

I saw a poor fantail the size of a baseball in one of the display tanks at petsmart today .....the tank was so small.

Anyway looking forward to the pics! I'm in the process of decorating my tank/planting it. It'll give me ideas!

PancakesMcCoolWhip said:
Yep it's a 30 gallon. they will be the only ones there. I can evict the cory gang to another tank if need be....I just really want another goldfish:facepalm:

On another note, I just added some epic looking driftwood in the tank with two of my anubias attached to it. I'll post pics soon

@tarpon I think i'm deciding against the eco complete. I'll probably just keep it to hardy/non-demanding plants like anubias and java moss/fern and fertilize them with some iron / magnesium liquid fertilizers. I'm still trying to get my hands on that amazing looking narrow leaf java fern!

Yeah two should work in there with a snail or two :)

I vote you should add an oranda :) I have 2 in my 29 and they are the greatest fish ever. They like to nibble my arms while I'm doing maintenance and swim through my hands. They're chubby faces would be a great contrast to your moor's adorable eyes :)

@sssea I'm def considering an oranda. they're amazing. a pure orange oranda would be an amazing contrast to kuro.
@tarpon and flossie here's a pic guys. There's a bubble wall in there too for oxygenating the tank but i turned it off for viewing pleasure. also, check out that sweet piece of driftwood! i'm probably going to replace the malaysian with the same type of wood as the other one but they're expensive as heck~

Attachments

• DSC_6009.JPG
    DSC_6009.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 140
That would look great. I have an orange and white that is the love of my life.

This is Augustus, I also have a brown oranda named Hans.

Attachments

• image-560758609.jpg
    image-560758609.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 114
Woahhh niice. Looks a lot better. And balanced.

And I vote red cap oranda....bc I love them

PancakesMcCoolWhip said:
@sssea I'm def considering an oranda. they're amazing. a pure orange oranda would be an amazing contrast to kuro.
@tarpon and flossie here's a pic guys. There's a bubble wall in there too for oxygenating the tank but i turned it off for viewing pleasure. also, check out that sweet piece of driftwood! i'm probably going to replace the malaysian with the same type of wood as the other one but they're expensive as heck~

Looks amazing :) I saw the cutest brown and black Oranda today :) panda orandas are cute too :)

I am definitely still partial to the black moors. But I would love to have a big tank with just a few goldies in there. I inherited a 10 gallon tank from a friend recently with 2 lovely 5 inch orange and white common goldies in it. WAY too small imo, so I had to give them to my LFS. There was also an adult angelfish and a serpae tetra in there! Talk about crowded!

you guys need to stop posting pics of your goldys,im starting to want some...

alLexX said:
you guys need to stop posting pics of your goldys,im starting to want some...

Goldfish are amazing! I have a betta/ shrimp tank. African cichlid/pleco. Rummynose/Cory and goldfish snail tank... The goldfish tank is getting higher and higher on my list!!!

....I want to get a big tank with nothing but different kinds of plecos.
Someday soon I wanna buy a zebra 0.0

My goldfish has sbd:(((

....I want to get a big tank with nothing but different kinds of plecos.
Someday soon I wanna buy a zebra 0.0

My goldfish has sbd:(((
sorry to hear about your goldy:( have you tried blanched peas?

Back
Top Bottom