Who says Black Moors are ugly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakesMcCoolWhip

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
"Kuro" in the 30gal.

Attachments

• DSC_5938.JPG
    DSC_5938.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC_5914.JPG
    DSC_5914.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 312
  • DSC_5956.JPG
    DSC_5956.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 304
You guys can catch a glimpse of his Cory posse in the third photo. I actually inherited his entire tank from a friend (not my fault there's a tropical/coldwater fish mix.) I rescaped it and cleaned up the nasty algae. Kuro's actually got a couple of scales missing. Hopefully he heals soon. The cory's seem happy though. I think one of them is a panda cory with some sterbas cory spots and a group of three bronze corys. Gonna take a pic of em tomorrow.

Cool. Yeah I think goldfish temperature range is like 60something -like 75. If you keep it in the middle of both fishs ranges you should be good. Other people have done it. Anyway cool I wanna see more pics. Corys are some of my favorite

My grandma has a community tank with a goldfish... She got it that way..

What a darling! I have always thought black moors are very attractive. They are definitely my favorite of the fancy goldies.

I like the pandas as well :) here's mine :D

Attachments

• image-2637739618.jpg
    image-2637739618.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 220
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a panda goldy before. It is lovely too! Someday, i would like to have a coldwater tank for a few goldies, but smaller fish usually win me in the end because I can own more of them. Your fishies are spectacular though.

absolutangel04 said:
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a panda goldy before. It is lovely too! Someday, i would like to have a coldwater tank for a few goldies, but smaller fish usually win me in the end because I can own more of them. Your fishies are spectacular though.

THANK YOU :D I love my babies goldies!!! The orange and black one is the whole reason I got goldfish! I have three babies in a 55 g tank just the 3 baby goldfish!! Lol I want to add an Oranda and maybe some algae eater of some sort :D

Attachments

• image-900512648.jpg
    image-900512648.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 189
  • image-584337613.jpg
    image-584337613.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 170
  • image-83684084.jpg
    image-83684084.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 184
tarpon said:
Cool:) my personal favorite are red cap orandas

Those are pretty too!!! Google panda orandas! That's what I wanted but my LFS only had regular pandas

You said you were wanting some type of algae eater? I've been really into different kinds of plecos lately. You could order a cool exotic pleco for your tank? They have a few that only grow to 5 inches. My albino bristlenose (not that id consider it that "exotic") is so entertaining to watch and interesting ....I've grown quite attached. And ill google panda orandas! I've never seen any before

THANK YOU :D I love my babies goldies!!! The orange and black one is the whole reason I got goldfish! I have three babies in a 55 g tank just the 3 baby goldfish!! Lol I want to add an Oranda and maybe some algae eater of some sort :D

Those are the cutest goldfish! I was looking into getting a panda moor to accompany Kuro but he's just so messy on his own hahah the guy is fist sized already. I'm still trying to fatten him up!

Some snapshots of the full tank:

The scape still looks pretty empty...gotta get more plants. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSC_5981.JPG
    DSC_5981.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_5966.JPG
    DSC_5966.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 142
KreativJustin said:
Very nice photo's. I don't prefer the bug eyed fish however, and I've heard that the eyes can actually pop out.

Those are very nice pics though.

I had a goldfish like this. I went to wal mart and saw him and he didn't have any eyes. Just empty eyesockets. I had to get him bc he was so unique and bc he probably wouldn't survive at wal mart. He lived about a year before dying:(

And wow the black moor is bigger than I realized. Idk what to tell you about plants tho. I don't know anything about live plants. Other than java fern and java moss are some low light ones...I think

I think you need some more darkness on the left of the tank to balance out the big dark piece of dw on the right. Maybe a smaller piece of dw to put over there or some kind of rock?

Back
Top Bottom