1/8 acrylic sheet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve silbernagel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just stumbled across three sheets of 1/8" acrylic sheet...hmm... What to do with it. I really need to make a custom sump/refugium bc with my stand a standard 10gal is all I can work with. Any thoughts?

I think mine is 1/8" 20gal, but it has some long strips across the top to help keep it from bowing on the sides. Still dose some on the ends. Honestly a little thin IMO, doing 20gal or larger I would want something stronger.

Just stumbled across three sheets of 1/8" acrylic sheet...hmm... What to do with it. I really need to make a custom sump/refugium bc with my stand a standard 10gal is all I can work with. Any thoughts?
I think 1/8 in. is a little to thin imo I think you would need 1/4" it sturdier for these type of application

You might could use it inside a glass tank to make the chambers. I would still brace it some how...

Or you could build your own over flow box. I saw a really cool one that was a solid construction of plexi, and had a large collection box on the back, so if smaller fish swam back there, they could be fished our, or have a chance to swim out there self

I'm a welder by trade. I thought about making a aluminum frame and use the sheets and build my own 15 gallon sump/refugium. Thought the walls could add support.

Back
Top Bottom