125 stand build question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea is that a problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would download the app on your phone to check it. I check my levels against the others in store, mostly they're fine..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One step ahead the worst spot is -.3. I tried measuring the level of other things and I guess my stand is the most level thing in my house lol.

I would download the app on your phone to check it. I check my levels against the others in store, mostly they're fine..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used a slope calculator to figure the difference in one side the other. With a .-3 degree difference over 72 inches it's a .4 inch difference. On the sides I'm looking at a .1 inch difference. This is all assuming that the top off the tank is level since I checked it half way full with water.

An easy way to spot a bad level is to simply flip it end-for-end and re-check. If you get he same reading the bubble is level, if it reads the other direction the bubble is crooked and the level is (nearly) useless.

I say nearly as you can use it by flipping it to get the two readings every time you use it, if it reads equal on both directions (high left once, same amount high right the other) than you're level.

Back
Top Bottom