125g stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smikey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I finally started my aquarium project and built the stand for it. I used 2x4s,2x6s, 3/4 inch plywood, wood filler, 3 inch screws. Finished it off with some trim and wood stain. I still have to make the cabinet doors tho.

ForumRunner_20130613_194853.jpg

ForumRunner_20130613_194920.jpg

ForumRunner_20130613_194949.jpg

ForumRunner_20130613_195019.jpg

ForumRunner_20130613_195032.jpg

Also just realized that I messed up and wanted to have a lip at the top with a foam board under the tank.......now I will have to paint the foam board black....

Total cost so far has been about 140 bucks

Just find some cheap trim and let it set up higher than the tank to hide the edge of the foam. It will be a nice finish to the stand.

Ty very much

I had already added trim to the top and made it flush. I can take it down but its just kind of a shame to.

ForumRunner_20130614_203936.jpg

I might end up doing so I just havnt made up my mind.

Could you just take it off and scoot it up enough to cover the foam possible.

Ty. I just wanted to add the foam board as one corner of the tank top is a little off level a bit and I figured it would fix any imperfections on the stand top overall.

I will probably end up moving the trim up.

It is always best to fix the level issue than try to work around it, especially on large tanks.

Yeah you are right. Where the tank is going is in my basement on a floating floor with concrete under it so you know there will be level issues there. Im just waiting for tank to be put on and filled before I try to level it that way I dont have to level it twice.

its not a bad idea to put the foam under the tank though it helps support the tank and will help if you have a lot of decor planned on going into it. i always put foam under my tanks for piece of mind and incase the plywood my not be very flat or a screw may not be completely down

So I finished the cabinet doors yesterday. Here is what it looks like now.

ForumRunner_20130617_072829.jpg

Still need to adjust the trim and touch up with stain here and there.

Back
Top Bottom