135g acrylic tank. Restore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just went through the exact same feeling about a month ago I would turn it off when I went to bed and to work I left my hob filters run when I shut off my sump I got it up and running on a Monday and I waited til the weekend when I could keep a little better eye on it then I just went for it lol now I don't even hardly think about it so I would say with all the precautions you took go for it

I just went through the exact same feeling about a month ago I would turn it off when I went to bed and to work I left my hob filters run when I shut off my sump I got it up and running on a Monday and I waited til the weekend when I could keep a little better eye on it then I just went for it lol now I don't even hardly think about it so I would say with all the precautions you took go for it
I know that it will not overflow and I will not burn my pump out when I loose water to evaporation. I have a rke with net on it. I am trying to get the mobile part setup. No luck. App just crashes. I need to find out how to make my overflow a little more quieter. I put a lid on it. Thinking of putting a sponge of some sort in there to muffle it. Any suggestions?

If forget is your tank drilled or do you have a hob overflow box

If forget is your tank drilled or do you have a hob overflow box
it is drilled with the box in the middle. Here is a pic.
7cDt490.jpg

Is the drain on the bottom of the tank if it is guys on here told me to get a piece of ridged tubing about a foot or so and stick it down the drain until it quiets down I did it and it worked for me the only problem I had was fastening it so it would stay there start another thread asking how to quiet it and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions

Is the drain on the bottom of the tank if it is guys on here told me to get a piece of ridged tubing about a foot or so and stick it down the drain until it quiets down I did it and it worked for me the only problem I had was fastening it so it would stay there start another thread asking how to quiet it and I'm sure you will get lots of suggestions
i got som make a filter pad stuff. It will be like a peer filter and quiet down the water. My prob is not the water going down the tube. It is when it flows down to it, it splashes on water that is in there.

Okay so today is the first time I'm going to leave my tank running for 10 hours. Only security I have is my mother is at my house watching my son. I'll let you know at 7 o'clock how everything works out. Fingers crossed

Everything is fine. I just need to make my markings in the refugium where the water is when it is full so I know when to add. I am not going to hook up my ato yet. Going to get the tank down to a science first.

Im very confused... let me recap to make sure I understand.

You have enough room in your sump to hold all the water from the lines if the power goes out.

You have an emergency shut off for your pump in case something happens and there is no water in your sump so now your pump wont burn out.

Maybe I should have red the first pages to know your setup better however if you have a drilled tank then you should have no fear open all throttles and let er rip.

If your using a syphon overflow system then is there enough room in your tank to hold all the extra water from the sump without overflowing?

That last one would be my only fear if I were you.

Im very confused... let me recap to make sure I understand. You have enough room in your sump to hold all the water from the lines if the power goes out. You have an emergency shut off for your pump in case something happens and there is no water in your sump so now your pump wont burn out. Maybe I should have red the first pages to know your setup better however if you have a drilled tank then you should have no fear open all throttles and let er rip. If your using a syphon overflow system then is there enough room in your tank to hold all the extra water from the sump without overflowing? That last one would be my only fear if I were you.
you need to look at the previous posts. Lol. I was jus a little weary to leave it for 10+ hrs. Now I am fine with it. I added sand to the sump and I has to take out a little bit of water due to it rising. It is running good now I was just havering a heater issue. The heat was barely reaching 75degrees. Ideal I wanted it 78-80. Because I want to out my livestock from my other tank in there.

Your whole system is pretty exposed. You can cover it more to retain heat. Add another heater or increase the temp in the room.

Your whole system is pretty exposed. You can cover it more to retain heat. Add another heater or increase the temp in the room.
i took the 2 Chinese ones out and added another good one. I have 2 good ones in there now. I think the Chinese ones were just using electric. Now the temp it slowly rising. I have great flow.

I went home and the tank was at 77.6. So it was those dam Chinese heaters. I started putting my rock in the tank. I will be acclamations the fish very soon. Fingers crossed.

Fish were successfully acclimated to the new tank. They are hiding right now. They are little by little exploring there new big home. Will update after I get back from the lfs tomorrow.

Here is some of the pics of the new fish...
WgyxU58.jpg
lRdwqwX.jpg
LAdh00i.jpg
And I have a goby but he is Mia right now.
jMym7xR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom