210 FOWLR Build . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They had a good year but it all comes down the the playoffs man. I mean Green Bay... Jesus, they deserved to lose that game they way they played. Ok... back on topic :)

Well, the tank is scheduled to be in tomorrow. I have ordered a Fluval FX5, and I have 5 HOB skimmers (CPR style) along with about 600ish watts worth of T5 lighting. I've also got 2 1650 gal/hour power heads (I know I'll need more). My plan is to build the canopy this weekend. Oh and I bought 240lbs of Aragonite sand too. ' pics of canopy to come soon (I hope!)

Nice,,
Are you going to just use HOB overflows ?Thats all i do,,but it would be nice to have a drilled tank

Thanks! For some reason, my wife was afraid of painting the back - so, we are just going to install a solid blue (plastic coated paper) background

hmm, i have a black background on one of my tanks. i find that if water ever splashes out of the tank it runs between the background and the tank and leaves spots. if i ever drain it to the point that i can move it i will definitely paint the back.

but regardless im glad you have the tank! im excited to see the canopy as well. i just built one for my 20 gallon tonight. not the best quality but when i go home next weekend and actually have proper tools ill finish it off with better quality.

I'm new to this, but I just got some window film(tint for a car) and used that. I think it's a cheaper than going the blue plastic. I think it looks better too. And you won't have the problem of water seeping in between the paper as he said.

Yes, I'd rather have painted it but my wife doesnt object to many things -- so, when she does: I play along!

BinxBolling said:
Yes, I'd rather have painted it but my wife doesnt object to many things -- so, when she does: I play along!

Lol... Smart man. Do whatever she wants to get her into the fish hobby!!

I would assume it turns out whatever color you pick. They have all sorts of colors. I had a box of black left over, so mine turned out black.

Window is a good idea, I have the back of my 45g tinted and it looks ok, it's only slightly tinted but a black tint or dark blue would look nice. Another option is to use the gel to attach the background or I've heard of people using cooking oil. If you go with tint get as dark as you can.

Looks good..nice and high ,,i like that look..Is the whole front panel going to be hinged or are you making access doors?

Back
Top Bottom