210 FOWLR Build . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinxBolling

Aquarium Advice Activist
Howdy All --
I thought I'd post photos/progress on a project to install a 210 gallon FOWLR tank/stand/canopy.
I've attached the pics beginning with the removal of a cabinet where the tank will go and the beginning of the stand. The stand will be rather high - 41 inches. ' more photos will hopefully soon follow - it's gonna be a long process!

Attachments

• AquaCabinetDemo1.jpg
    AquaCabinetDemo1.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 206
  • AquaCabinetDemoDone.jpg
    AquaCabinetDemoDone.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 201
  • AquaCabinetFrame1.jpg
    AquaCabinetFrame1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 197
  • AquaCabinetFramewithFiirstLeg.jpg
    AquaCabinetFramewithFiirstLeg.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 193
Decorative element of stand. "Who Dat?!?!"
Also - ' ordered tank today

Attachments

• image-846851257.jpg
    image-846851257.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 184
are you going to have a peep hole through your bathroom wall? if so that is and awesome idea! kind of like a picture that fish swim in and out of :)

I actually did consider the peep-hole idea but I cut the access panel just to access the back of the tank if needed. I figured it would be a heck of a lot easier to cut an access hole before installing the tank

Turned out great(y)

The lights look fine IMO,,i too have a FOWLR and just use 2 nova extreme T-5 fixtures(total of 4 bulbs)
So whats going in it..:brows:

wow, the stand looks amazing! im excited for your process lol, what kind of filtration are you going with?>? also i saw on a different tread that you ordered your tank, any idea of when it will get there?

and of course, any idea of what your going to stock it with yet?

Yes, I ordered the tank. I'll start on the canopy as soon as I get the tank in. I'm still not 100 percent sure of lighting yet - but, I'll figure it out. As for filtration -- this is where I show my age and I'm rather "old school" or maybe "Berlin Method" is a better description. I plan on a combination of canister filters (maybe a Fluval FX5, and a 2nd smaller canister filter) and HOB skimmers - probably CPR Dual Paks and/or Reef Octopus Duals (I'd like 2 or 3 of these "duals") - then will come the big move: I'll basically clean out my savings account and buy as much live rock as I can!
On livestock: I really only have 2 requests - I'd like and Emperor Angel and either a Chocolate or Achilles tang - after that: whatever my wife wants. :)

2 good choices ,personally i'd get the chocolate but thats because i had one a while back and he died..
Have you ever looked into an algae scrubber for natural filtration?

I hadn't considered an algae scrubber but they sure look interesting. Right now I was planning on doing as much skimming/canister filtration/live rock - and water movement from power heads as I can - and see what I get. I had good success with this approach in a 110 gal tank a few years ago - so, I hope to duplicate it on a larger scale.
' went ahead and ordered some lighting just now too. After lots of agonizing; I have 8 T5 bulbs coming; a total of about 450 watts and a few blue LED moonlights. If I don't like the way that looks; I'll add a couple smaller lights to suppliment it

Back
Top Bottom