Ok, so after a couple of comments on my lights set-up and a request for some extra pics, here is what I did on my new (first) tank set-up.
The tank itself was made by Aquariums Ltd in the UK, Its 56"x32"x32" and around 220 US gal
. The rear and left panels are plain glass with black backing, the right and front are Optiwhite. Filtration exits and enters through the weir in the rear left corner. The piping I used is 22mm push fit for the suction and 22mm stepping up to 28mm for the outlet. The FX5 runs almost silently as does the weir.
The stand is manufactured in 1" carbon steel box section. The height is 650mm and footprint to suit the aquarium. On top is a sheet of 3/4" plywood cut to suit and on top of that is ~5mm insulating matt used for under floors. The frame is painted silver in Plastikote project paint. The stand sits on a wooden floor, with a floating subfloor and spans (I think) 4 joists. The white panels are melamine coated MDF and are 15mm thick. One is stuck to the frame and the larger front panel will be fixed with magnets. The trims around the top to hide the joints in the braces are similar in 3mm thick. I've still got to paint a few edges and tidy the whole thing up.
The lighting is via 2x TMC Growbeams and these are secured with self tapping screws to an aluminium frame. The frames is fabricated in 40x40mm section with 20x20mm profiles spanning the main frame to hang the lights from. The frame has been assembled using standrad corner braces at all corners. These have been secured using tbolts into the profile section. For fixing to the wall I used gtwo substantial garage door roller bearing butt hinges. These were fixed to the frame again using t-bolts and then screwed into wooden blocks which were first fitted to my wall. The whole lot has a little hook and eye type latch to hold it up out of the way.
Any questions, just ask.