280 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zparticle said:
Very pretty! It doesn't look like it would hold that weight, but I guess I just over engineered mine, lol.

The Titanic thought she was over engineered too. IMO there is no such thing. I like your stand better.

Very good point deckapem IMO I would build a stand for that tank, its way too big and gonna look too nice to not have a good looking stained wooden stand for

Well today I cleaned it up really good. Thank goodness for vinegar!

I noticed the two front seals were a bit worn, so I scraped them off... I will seal em back up tomorrow.

100% silicone right? Long as it don't have mold preventer or whatever right?

Attachments

• image-65908144.jpg
    image-65908144.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 177
  • image-886755144.jpg
    image-886755144.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 180
I just used the same thing on a slate decoration and it killed a bunch of my fish. In really fine print somewhere there was something about mold and mildew killer. The color on my tube was green though, it was silicone II clear.

This is silicone 1, says nothing about mildew resist

I think I looked at the 2 and it said mildew resistant...

It was a impulse buy, I'm gonna look at ace hardware tomorrow, I read online they sell aquarium silicone in a big tube like this.

I did my sump with GE 1 and then had MrX post up that he didn't think it was safe, then did more research and couldn't find anything recent that it was safe so I re-did my sump with aquarium stuff... it was more expensive but I didn't want to risk anything... but I was building a reef tank and figured if I had 1k in live stock it wasn't worth risking an extra 15.00 for known good silicone...

I'll follow along so I'll know for the future :)

:-(

I read LOTS of articles and everyone says that GE1 is ok.

Guess well find out. I resealed the front corners with it.

Well, I'm not saying it is bad. I did find people saying they used it, and I have one local guy who even used GEII for his 125g reef tank and it has been up and running for 9 months without a problem so you are most likely good to go.

I hope so, my fishies are about 10 years old!

Building the stand tonight, well starting it anyways!

Oh man,you got that huge reef ready tank with sump,you just gotta get or build a stand to put the sump in and go Reef to start with.I'm jealous.LOL

Leak testing! Can't wait to set it up!

Attachments

• image-486698921.jpg
    image-486698921.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 160
You just waste.280g of water, lol
Nice tank btw, I use to own a 300g and it was a pain ... lol

Back
Top Bottom