280 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I bumped my head or somethin...

I just bought a 280g tank from a guy, it's massive! I would post a pic but it got dark and it's still in the back of the truck!

hope ya got strong floors:) I LOVE massive tanks!!! Ill be following. Pics or it didn't happen;)

Awesome. I don't think I would have a place to put it. Well I could take out my dining room table since I don't use it LOL.

Following.......:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2nd the motion from Huma-Huma "Pics or it didn't happen":fish2:

Whatcha going put in it. SW FW or just plain old tap water?

Well I want to do a reef but I'm just starting out with saltwater, and cant afford the equipment needed for that large of a tank. So it's gonna be freshwater for now, seein as the reason of buyin a bigger tank was for my gigantic fish to have a nicer home, they just keep growing and growing!

Eventually a reef tho!

thats awesome!!! and here i thought my 55 was big...

Ill be right there!!!! But if I help unload it...I get rights to half of it;) don't worry, you'll still have 140g to work with.....wow 280g ..it just truly set in....that's a ginormous honker...hope you're not married either, cuz if you are, you're wife is gonna kill you

Well, I'm home with it all...

Now what?

LoL

Attachments

• image-3723079479.jpg
    image-3723079479.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 344
  • image-4203659751.jpg
    image-4203659751.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 347
that is one heck of a deep tank, from front to back i mean...gonna look absolutely gorgeous.

Hopefully you get around to turning it into a reef, it looks like its got amazing dimensions for it

Better pic, wow Heavy was not the word for it!

It's 72x36x26

Attachments

• image-934000624.jpg
    image-934000624.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 269
Anybody know where I can get plans to build a stand, don't think it's simple as throwing together a 2x4 table...

280g tank is roughly 2550lbs of water alone....not including tank, rock, stand, equipment... id keep an eye on your floor.. try to find Greenmasters 320g build...he built a stand for his... ill see if i can get the link

Wow, thats one big tank, very nice. Looking forward to see it setup. If you DIY the stand make sure you post some pictures as well.

Anybody know where I can get plans to build a stand, don't think it's simple as throwing together a 2x4 table...

You might consider doing something similar to what I did. In my signature is a link to my build. I'm fairly sure it could hold that weight but I would shorten the cabinet height by about 1/3 for a tank your size. Full pics of the build can be found here.

Another possibility would be to just build up two or three layers of cinder blocks for a stand. Vastly simpler but it all kind of depends on what you want it to look like. I suppose your could use cinder blocks and then just cover them with some cloth, like a skirt. That would be simple, cheap and it wouldn't look too bad.

Back
Top Bottom