3 D Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShockerFX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first go at a three dimensional background I'd like some feedback from y'all on how you think it looks and what type of clear coat sealer that you think I should use thanks for the feedback1488323566091.jpg

It's a 47 gallon tall aquarium I'm going to try and lightly plant it and hopefully put some schooling fish with it eventually thanks for the reply

Check out Cryptocoryne Balansae as a nice tall plant (often found as tiny Tissue Culture plants in the little cellophane bag and cardboard holder), or Aponogeton (several varieties), bulb plants that will grow tall, and maybe flower.

Make sure to post the pic of it all completed /installed!

Awesome thanks for the advice on the plants I hadn't gotten that far yet but it was definitely on my mind are they plants that are easy to maintain?

Simple to care for the C. Balansae in lower light. They will look good with your back ground.

The bulbs vary on light needs, haven't had them for awhile, you can often find them in a little container as bulbs, or order online. (If you get them as bulbs from the local store save the receipt in case some do not grow.)

Just finished up coat number three hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to add the color1488422869810.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did a test for today missed true square by an inch I had to take it apart and tomorrow is a new day time to try again this time I think I'll try and attach the two parts inside the tank them remove them and finish the cement

Well you are putting yourself out there in making this thing in the first place so you are already ahead of the game just doing it! Mistakes are learning!

Here's my new attempt to get things squared with the tank I siliconed the joint then clamped the two pieces in place I used a piece of parchment paper where I was siliconing so as not to make a mess on the tank let's hope it holds and I'm able to patch the cement back together1488667917573.jpg

Here's a look at some of the products that I'm using1488668041199.jpg1488668052427.jpg

I did a bit of research also on various clear coats that can be used and nothing at the local hardware will live under water and I don't want to pay for some of the products online that are made for this they want upwards of 140$ a gallon for the stuff so next week when my local concrete supply stores are open I'm going to try and go all them about it

Nothing about what I'm doing so far is okay for creatures you just have to check water levels a bunch and do massive water changes prior to adding anything

Adding the color layer tonight I hope the color stays it might take another coat and I still haven't found a cost effective clear coat of anyone has suggestions

Back
Top Bottom