300 Gal beauty cracked bottom. Any hope to repair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK. Thank you. I think we are going to go ahead and try to repair it.

I removed the original (bad) patch job and here is what the crack looks like.

attachment.php

attachment.php

We plan on buying two pieces of 1/2" thick replacement glass (from https://www.onedayglass.com) to go on top of the broken glass to cover the crack and the holes for the plumbing of the filtration system. (We're happy to give up the holes if it means we get a working tank back.)

FYI, the kindly movers who said they would send 4 men and only sent 3 rested the tank on the ground with a PVC pipe still attached through one of the holes. That's what caused the crack.

Attachments

• WP_20150109_006.jpg
    WP_20150109_006.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 495
  • WP_20150109_009.jpg
    WP_20150109_009.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 483
Sorry didn't have time to read all but could you drill a new hole in an undamaged part so you can keep the below stuff intact and replumb, and the other part of the question is if the other bottom glass is drillable.

I just repaired a 300 gallon tank, using a piece of 3/4" plywood coated with marine grade epoxy. I didn't do it with glass because the piece was over 700 bucks. I removed the broken glass completely and siliconed the rest of the tank to the new panel. 2 coats of marine grade epoxy, and last minute, even though I was assured by the epoxy manufacturer, I also covered the entire bottom with a piece of FRP, also siliconed in. It's been holding water just fine.
Mt tank sits on a stand that has a 3/4" plywood top I might add.

Back
Top Bottom