40 breeder sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lloydxmas

Aquarium Advice Freak
As the title says I got a 40 Breeder to turn into a sump/refugium. Can anyone give me good designs and dimensions to build one please!

I just built a sump out of a 40 breeder. I made the panes of glass 12" tall. I believe my center fuge section is 13-14" long, then the drain/skimmer section on one end and return on the other. I just used 2 panes for bubble trap and seems to be working great. I know some people use 3 panes or even make 2 bubble traps. I have a build thread with some pics if you want to check it out. I will try to answer any questions you may have

I just built a sump out of a 40 breeder. I made the panes of glass 12" tall. I believe my center fuge section is 13-14" long, then the drain/skimmer section on one end and return on the other. I just used 2 panes for bubble trap and seems to be working great. I know some people use 3 panes or even make 2 bubble traps. I have a build thread with some pics if you want to check it out. I will try to answer any questions you may have

If you could link you build page that would be awesome!

I'm using the app and not sure how to do it. Just click on my name and it should get you there I think.

Back
Top Bottom