40 Gal. Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolverine121

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I built this myself, just started with some wood I had and in 4 hours this is my creation. I'm buying a 40 gal. this Feb. and was looking around and every stand I saw was $100 or over. So whats a guy to do but DIY !!!

:clown:

Great looking stand, very sturdy looking. Want to build me one :lol:
How about an inside picture.

Well here's the inside from the back, I didn't do anything to the back since I'm going to have all the cords and stuff hanging. I put a power strip in the center. The shelfs are just strips of wood so you can move them around, I had alot of space under the shelfs so I decided that I could put the pumps and stuff under it. Easy access while getting things out of the way.

The best part is it only cost you time since you could use wood you already had.

If out would be willing could you post a schematic drawing of the stand showing size and lengh of wood, etc.

Maybe others could then build off your plans :)

Well so much for drawings, what I did was take pictures then draw the lumber sizes on the pictures. You should be able to see how everything went together. Hope this helps, if not give me a ring at bettacare@beer.com and I'll try to help in anyway that I can.

Good job!

That's a great job on the stand as well as the "how to" pics! I have a fairly well equipped wood shop and I don't think I could have done that in 4 hrs...or even close. Looks good and should give you years of good service. Somehow it's always better when you build it yourself :).
Logan J

Well , I had alot of wood, alot of drywall screws and nothing to do, then after about 6 beers later it was done. When I was asked to give a drawing of some sort, I laughed, because I just did it on the fly. I went downstairs and tried to do a drawing, but that was no good, the drawing looked like a chicken when I was done. :roll: . Hence the pictures. Hope they help.

Back
Top Bottom