4G tall tank stocking and planting advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

furryeggs

Aquarium Advice Regular
A little help/ideas needed.

I've taken my 2, 4G tanks, removed one end from the best tank and the best side panel from the other tank to make a 4G tall tank to fill a space between my big tanks in my half completed fish room.
I'm planning on running a small 2-3G sump with an overflow originally drilled in the bottom of the tank (now at the top) with a recycled return pump, a heater in the sump, and some LED lighting that i have spare.

1: i was thinking about keeping it fairly basic when it comes to planting, maybe 1 or 2 plants but i have no idea what.
2: i've had shrimp before, dwarf puffer's and the odd beta over the years but i'm open to opinions on what i should stock.

any help or advice is appreciated

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389210552.085641.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389210603.904633.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389210639.354549.jpg

theres a little tidying to do around the edges.

Wow man that's really smart nice

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm already started on my 10 gallons and only issue I'm having is removing acrylic how could I take it off with out the razor?

not sure about acrylic tanks... if its bonded with silicone then it'll be a similar technique to glass, I sliced through the middle of the silicone from the inside towards the joint where the 2 sides meet, this should weaken the joint enough to carefully pull them apart enough to slide a razor blade between them to cut the length of the joint.

thats how i did it on my glass tanks

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391381505.209810.jpg

this is my test set up to make sure theres no leaks etc.

That looks amazing! Really cool how you did that!

I would just stick to the basic low light (taller) plants like java fern, a few of those attached to a taller DW piece with a little moss would look great! I'm not sure which fish I would put in there, but a few neo shrimp would look great, IMO:) Low maintenance to the max!

Looks good can't wait until I do my ten gallon tall you should stock with an a Chris on the back and then some java fern amazon sword and maybe some kind of carpet a few stones to add depth or a price of nice driftwood and then a few shrimp and a betta ?

*anachris sorry stupid auto correct

My 4G tall is now all set up, running and cycling.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392986945.436161.jpg

Sump set up.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392986905.715303.jpg

and another

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392986878.181557.jpg

Back
Top Bottom