5,236.4 gallon tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i want to build a 5,236.4 gallon aquarium(will be built by professionals) out of acrylic it will only have 1 panel the rest will be brick covered in aquarium safe coating, i want to put silver aworanas and maby some other big fish in it. how thick douse the glass have to be. any other tips for a monster tank like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the dimension going to be because that is awesome and what will the cost be oh if it is saltwater put a striped bass in it.

Sent from inside my fish tank

Never mind I didn't read you said Arowana, so it is freshwater

Last edited by a moderator:
You could maybe do rays and an arawana, that would be cool, you can definitely fit an arawana.

Nils

How much is that goin to cost to build

that's a lot of water that's going to need to be reinforced big time
with that kind of water my guess would be at least 3 to 4 inch thick but that's just a guess
please be sure to make a tread for your build that sounds intense
I'm sure others will chime in that could give you a more solid answer
I just figured out the poundage for the water volume 36,654.8 lbs that's a lot of water
I hope you have a place that will support a tank that heavy that's not including the weight of the bricks and acrylic and a deep pocket

i might go swiming:brows::lol: yea sting rays would be cool i want some of those i may put some pacus, oscars, catfish, plecos or othe large fish that live in south america

i definantly will set up a thread, i may set it up so it gets natural light and the top will be open so i can look down from outside i want a tank that lare fish can be very happy in, or i could have 1,000 guppys?

so i want to build a 5,236.4 gallon aquarium(will be built by professionals) out of acrilick it will only have 1 panel the rest will be brick covered in aquarium safe coating, i want to put silver aworanas and maby some other big fish in it. how thick douse the glass have to be. any other tips for a monster tank like this?

Not trying to be a you know what
But didn't you just start your first aquarium recently?

Also were do you plan on putting this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you look down into it??
Unless you plan on having a glass roof above it?

I remember seeing a reef that used natural light that was collected in an apparatus on the roof and then shined down into the tank. It was a neat design, I will see if I can find it for you.

That being said, you're looking for advice on a tank this size and I don't believe that anyone here has any practical experience with something this large. I don't really know how much help you're going to get from us hence brookster's mention of monster fish keepers :(

Do you have any idea of how much this would cost?
My guess would be upwards of 100,000

That being said, you're looking for advice on a tank this size and I don't believe that anyone here has any practical experience with something this large. I don't really know how much help you're going to get from us hence brookster's mention of monster fish keepers :(
its ok im not only looking for structural advice of advice on maintaining the tank but im also looking for creative advice, which we can all give

Do you have any idea of how much this would cost?
My guess would be upwards of 100,000

Can we get pics of where this monster will go?

Not trying to be a you know what
But didn't you just start your first aquarium recently?

Also were do you plan on putting this.

it seams to me you are being very negative and skeptical, i have places to put it but it may be a little while before i start, i think that i should be well prepared for a tank of this magnitude because of delays

it seams to me you are being very negative and skeptical, i have places to put it but it may be a little while before i start, i think that i should be well prepared for a tank of this magnitude because of delays

I think I have the right to be skeptical, wouldn't call it negative.

I've seen lots of threads like this that don't turn out happening.

Feel free to prove me wrong [emoji6]

Edit: your poor spelling/grammar dosen't help my opinion either

Have you considered contacting any aquariums? I would just send an email or call some and ask for advice on it that way. Saves you going through most of us that will only ridicule you out of jealousy... :p I want to see this build though it sounds interesting. Largest tank I've ever heard of that isn't in an aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom