50 gallon "handmedown" ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-1494607985.jpg
Retaped the foil tape. I wanna put LEDs eventually but don't know what are bright and cheap?

Here's another question can I run a light switch off a plug in light???

image-899298850.jpg

Can I splice the wiring and add a light switch? I think that would be the best option figuring I would have to unplug it because of no "off switch" currently ?

Can I splice the wiring and add a light switch? I think that would be the best option figuring I would have to unplug it because of no "off switch" currently ?

It might be easier to use a power strip that has an On/Off toggle switch.

So your looking to replace the light you have in the pic for another led?

Well they are bulb lights ATM, but I would rather have some kind of led system or something? (Scratching the head)

In surprised the led doesn't have a on/off switch. I would rather keep plugging and unplugging it into the socket because if you do something wrong when putting light switch in, there is no turning back.

If you reseal your tank make sure to use type 1 silicone and if your smart you will tape both sides of the corners for a really clean job. I try and stay about 1/4 inch off the corner and the wet your finger the lightly push the silicone into the corner. Push just enough to grey a good looking seam leave as much in the corner as possible. And don't keep wiping over it. Two to three time should make it look really nice. Wait about one minute then pull your tape off. Don't wait till it dries because that can mess up the seam as the silicone on the bottom may not be fully cured.

Not site but you might be able to find a cord with a toggle (on/off) switch.

The ones with toggle on/off buttons is like the most common ones. Those are the ones I usually get and can be usually found in any local hardware stores like Home Depot.

The ones with toggle on/off buttons is like the most common ones. Those are the ones I usually get and can be usually found in any local hardware stores like Home Depot.

Just thought about it I can literally just use a timer!

Update: bought a timer and sealed the 50 gallon tank. When to Home Depot and couldn't find sandblasting sand ? Like what the fudge?

Update: bought a timer and sealed the 50 gallon tank. When to Home Depot and couldn't find sandblasting sand ? Like what the fudge?

Really?! No blasting sand? Wtf? What kind of Home Depot doesn't have blasting sand. You can use play sand or pool filter sand if you can't find blasting sand. When are you thinking of cycling the tank?

Really?! No blasting sand? Wtf? What kind of Home Depot doesn't have blasting sand. You can use play sand or pool filter sand if you can't find blasting sand. When are you thinking of cycling the tank?

I have a 20H tank ATM, I'm very close to being done the cycle in it now. I'm looking to get all the stuff to work in my 50 first them ill move everything over from the 20 to the 50. I'm thinking about getting a penguin emperor, but I don't know what filtration is best for a 50 because ill be using sand? (I want my tank to have a dark sand+drift wood coming out then some plants) I'm not sure yet though.

Back
Top Bottom