55 Gallon Planning??! Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rileymc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey!

So I am planning on copping a 55 gallon at the $1 per gallon sale going on at my local Petco (next shipment of aquariums arrives tomorrow).

I have sent a picture of everything I think I would need, going with the brand Marineland because they are sending me everything (except for the glass tank) for free. Please correct me if I am wrong with anything or if there are better ideas. I would like to switch my substrate to like an Eco-Complete, and grow some live plants (but which ones? please give me advice).

Please suggest changes or if you have any other advice, please do share! It will be a huge upgrade from my three 20 gallon aqauriums.

IMG_7132.jpg

List looks good, i can reccomend crypts and java ferns as great low maintence, big growing plants. Depending on your theme, rocks and/or driftwood make great natural decor. But the main thing i cant get over is 200 litres (55G) for $55! In AUS a standard 50Litre tank with filter would cost almost $200.

As far as which plants, that will depend on how much time you have to take care of them. And how much you want to spend, if anything, on lighting and co2.

So, to suggest anything would be futile at this point.

Back
Top Bottom