55g stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought a metal 55g stand but im not to sure about the support of the middle of the tank :( so i was thinking putting a piece of wood across the whole top of the stand but need suggestions about what i could use for the middle support so its not all on the 4 legs...ui was thinking maybe cynder blocks stacked in the middle to support the middle good or bad idea?? any other suggestions of supporting the middle would be great:)

Will the center support touch the ground? If not, using something very heavy doesn't sound like a good idea. Can you get us a picture of the stand? Reenforcing the existing structure might be a better idea.

It should be fine. If this is a normal tank with the trim that is all that will sit on the stand even if you place a wood board across the top.

the center support would touch the ground...and yes its a normal 55g with trim i wasnt sure if the middle would need support but i still would like to add a board there to be safe. but you say it will be fine so i trust you:)

I have had a gap of at least a 1/16" in the center of my 55 gallon right in the center of the stand since I bought it in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom